xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Madmab Edition Synopsis "hot Potato" Thread  (Read 4378 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Madmab Edition Synopsis "hot Potato" Thread
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »

With the new Madmab Edition XPORT emulators, the user will be able to pull up a brief (to not-so-brief) game synopsis from the game selection menu by clicking the right joystick.  

Hopefully, the headline information in these documents will be able to be used down the line with a sort/filter feature that hasn't been conceived yet.  

Here we're keeping the most up-to-date synopsis files and placing only one person in charge of adding any information to any one of them at any time so two people aren't working on one at the same time.  (A friggin nightmare to clean up when stuff like that happens).

If you would like to help out with the project, PM Gilles9999 or me for info on where you can started.

For more information about this project, check out this thread: The Game Synopsis Option

NEWEST SYNOPSIS INFORMATION

[HOT POTATO = Ressurectionx]

[HOT POTATO = madmab]

[HOT POTATO = Madmab]

Dreamcast

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »

Bump.....

I guess we can post here.  Forgot we can't link to it from Gilles first post in the synopsis thread and it was getting pretty buried there.  New Genesis synopsis updated here, and FrankMorris is the current holder.  I've begun work on getting the Gameboy synopsis set up, so I'm the holder on that.  I'll upload the new atari ones when I get a chance and relinquish control of them.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

Thread updated with newest Atari 7800 Synopsis.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »

Good news everyone!

Got Frank's latest additions to the Genesis up here.  I've also put the merged (and updated and edited) 5200 synopsis that both Gilles and Madmab had created separately.  

The Gameboy "blueprint" synopsis is also up now.  It's 483kb right now and that's with most of the headline info missing and absolutely ZERO body work done!  Crash said he wanted first crack at it, so it's all yours man.  

Don't anybody start a new one at this point.  We've got plenty that needs to be done with what's already up here.  

I'm going to do blueprint synopsis stuff for all the other systems with my downtime at work.  It's something I can easily do there without visiting 200 URLs in a day trying to get the body work done and raising red flags with the network security at work.  I've become quite good at getting it done and since the Gameboy one is all prepaired now, the largest emu by far now has a solid basis for you guys to work with.

Expect a SNES and Atari 2600 blueprint synopsis in the coming weeks.

Later,
~Rx

EDIT: I've got the NES Hot Potato.  Stupot added some great games and I'm going to put them in there.  I also want to make sure all my CRCs work.

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: May 3 2009, 12:02 PM

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Mar 24 2009, 12:13 PM) *

[HOT POTATO = RessurectionX]
Is this the latest Mednafenx_nes synopsis?  I need to know so I can go thru an edit a few things for the "public beta release".

Thanks!

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

I am pretty sure that is it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

EDIT: I guess xenepp

Was giving "S" a stab, last I heard, around may 4th. So he might have the potato now. Hopefully he can report his progress soon.

This post has been edited by Mega Man (?): May 18 2009, 10:02 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

That's it, but I've got the hot potato.  Let me upload the new one for you to work on.  I'll remove the hot potato tag when I'm done.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

ok.  I go out of town come this thursday, so if I can't get everything together before then I'll just wait until next week..

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »

Have at it man.   I can't remember why I still had the hot potato on that.  I think I was going to add my CRC's but never got around to it.  The one up there is the newest version.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »

Just to say, i'm working on the synopsis for the nec turbografx 16 you can consider me as the "hot potatoe holder" for this one (lot of great games on this system)

Later~Gilou999

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Now that I think of it, Crash may have been the holder of the NES one and I messed up and put my name there.  Better find out from him first Madmab.  Hopefully I didn't screw up and two people are working on the same thing.  Oops.... sorry if that happened guys.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »

ok.  Well make me the hot potato guy for the NES synopsis for now.  Although I shouldn't have it for very long.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm not "adding" anything, perse.  Just touchin' up some stuff.

If he is adding some missing games, they can just be inserted in right?

This post has been edited by madmab: May 20 2009, 09:20 AM

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:00 AM »

That's what I said... but you should know best madmab. laugh.gif

I don't know... you gotta be careful with crash,  he might just turn around and have the whole thing done before you know it. rolleyes.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »

Yeah... It shouldn't be too much of a pain.  I've definately dealt with worse (SEE: Gilles & Madmab's completely different 5200 synopsis files)....  jester.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 03:25:00 AM »

lol.   I was just thinking about that little "incident".  It was just a case of me wanting to surprise everyone.  Somehow I get the feeling gilles was thinking the same thing.  laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7