xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread  (Read 5069 times)

infidelity

• Archived User
Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »

I understand that, but I feel that your missing my point

I've mentioned that I have working screenshots for my games

The problem is my boxart doesnt appear in the special spot off to the side of the skin

You have photo previews of the skin in action, and you have a screenshot of in-game play, AND the boxart of the game appearing off to the side of the skin

So again, I have working screenshots, but how can I also have my boxart appear, along with my screenshots?

I have no idea how to have 2 images on my skin at the same time. Your pack doesnt explain that, which makes it very confusing for newcomers to your skin. How can I have my boxart showup while having the regular screenshots show up???

Thank you smile.gif

also, all of my photos, screenshots & boxarts, are all png format

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »

Hey infidelity
You can't have box art and screen shot viewed at the same time. It just doesn't work that way. Although it would be nice.

Hey madmab,
how far is this out of the question? To have boxart and screen shots viewed as a substitute (option) for those who don't have videos.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »

discrepancy...? huh.gif Hmm.
I am just talking about implementing the ability to view box/cart and screen shot at the same time. Opposed to, box/cart and video. or screenshot and video simultaneously. For those who don't have videos.

Thanks

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »

OK.
I am not completely following you, but you're the boss. smile.gif
Sorry I wasn't there when this was discussed. (I understand not wanting to reiterate or justify a scenario again and again)

Thanks

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »

Since this is the most active Xport related conversation in all the world by the moment I have a quick question:

Are the Xport emulators running fine on 720p resolution?
I just found many topics from 2005 and 2006 saying that a lot of guys were not able to launch the Xport emus on 720p. I tried to find new replies but was not able. Today Mr. Blackbolt said on his XBMC Skinning topic that he runs the emulators on perfect sharp screen with no blur and no filters at all - at 720p!!! I am really eager to know more about!

I still don't get how a Genesis screen (320x240 * 2 = 640x480) can run as 1280x720 size --- inside, for example, a 1368x768 LCD television without any interpolation!!! GOD. The mathematics go mad in my head!

Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

But all Xport run fine, right?
I mean, no slowdowns or problems in the games, right?

Regards,
C.

infidelity

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »

I'd still like for someone to figure out the best screen sizes for xports emu in 1080i. i get tired of people telling me to just use the 720p settings found online. I didnt pay over a grand for my lcd hd to play my emu's in 720p. If i can play them in 1080i, that's how i want to play them. I'm no good at math, if I was able to figure the screen setups out for myself, I obviously wouldnt be asking so many times.

Sorry for the rant. And thank you MadMab for telling me that the boxart feature isnt even available for the skins yet. I'm glad I can stop going crazy trying to get this going.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

BB's making a program for me that will do the following....

Convert all of my 0001.png into the game name (the folder name) and put them all in a "Boxart" folder.

Then I can go in and do the same for 0002.png (title shot), 0003.png (action shot) & 0004.png (cart/cd/disk).

(I'm assuming we could do the same for 0005.png and up and put them in some sort of misc. folder for the games that I've included alternate artwork)

My intention here was so I could use a "file lister" program and create a database of known artwork.  That way, if anybody wanted to work on getting missing stuff down the road it would be easy to find out what is still needed.

Bonus is, I think it will make the artwork in the format that Gilles was talking about.  Personally, I can't imagine it would be harder/easier to code this either way, but now we will inadvertantly have an alternate pic-file-structure to work with.

What do you think madmab?

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(infidelity @ Apr 30 2009, 02:18 PM) View Post
I'd still like for someone to figure out the best screen sizes for xports emu in 1080i. i get tired of people telling me to just use the 720p settings found online. I didnt pay over a grand for my lcd hd to play my emu's in 720p. If i can play them in 1080i, that's how i want to play them. I'm no good at math, if I was able to figure the screen setups out for myself, I obviously wouldnt be asking so many times.
Use 1280x896 when running Genesis in 1080i.

EDIT: Some games, like Midnight Resistance uses 256x224 resolution, so in these games you need to change it 1024x896.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Apr 30 2009, 09:24 AM) View Post

It's in one of the threads around here.  RessX wanted to go the boxart is 0001.png and cartart is 0004.png route, and Gillles suggested something else (I forget what), etc, etc.

Lol, I copy/paste my answer for those who have forget:

For the users without big hard drives, it would be cool to display a boxart AND a screenshot at the same time.
(like they are doing in a lot of pc frontends in fact) ph34r.gif

Yep! We need an Xport inverter!!
All the best emus of the world (mame, Zsnexbox...) and all the pc front ends are working with "boxart", "titles", and "screenshots" folders; unfortunatelly it's not the case of the Xport emus sad.gif .

Perheaps a coder out there could create a programm to convert all our "Xport screenshots" into "classic multi folders screenshots"

A programm that could convert:
Mario/0001.png, 0002.png, 003.png, 0004.png INTO
Boxarts/mario.png , Titles/mario.png ,Screenshots/mario.png , Carts/mario.png

Like this it would be SOOOOO MOOORE EASY :
- For the USERS, to display any screeenshots/boxarts/carts/titles in the desired order.
- For the CODER, to display what he want in the General User Interface

I don't know if such a wonderfull programm should be hard to create madmab? Peheaps Bomb bloke know how to programm such a thing?

Madmab answer:

I think I wrote a batch file to do this some time back. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. It had issues with directories with certain characters in their name (& comes to mind). But still makes for a good timesaver. I think two directories (one for screenshots and the other for boxart/cartart) ought to work just fine.

the Xports screenshots conventions aren't standard at all and cause us a lot of problems:

- For the USERS, to display any screeenshots/boxarts/carts/titles in the desired order.
- For the CODER, to display EASILLY what he want in the General User Interface

I really think you should join a batch program with your news releases to FINALLY have a "standard" screenshots/boxarts/titles conventions with separates screenshots/boxarts/titles/carts folderts like all the best emus of the world (mame, zsnexbox, pc front ends, etc...)easy compatable with all the screenshots/boxarts packs websites

Such a programm/batch file would be a dream to FINALLY GET RID of that annoying system (other than that the Xport/madmab edition emus are really perfect for me (and my friends))

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

Now I see, and I agree ohmy.gif
Hey Rx, with that new BB program, it wouldn't be so bad changing this, would it?
I never thought this could be a change, but I like it just like I like the feature on Zsnexbox. smile.gif
Thanks for explaining it.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 30 2009, 08:20 AM) View Post

BB's making a program for me that will do the following....

Convert all of my 0001.png into the game name (the folder name) and put them all in a "Boxart" folder.

Then I can go in and do the same for 0002.png (title shot), 0003.png (action shot) & 0004.png (cart/cd/disk).

(I'm assuming we could do the same for 0005.png and up and put them in some sort of misc. folder for the games that I've included alternate artwork)

My intention here was so I could use a "file lister" program and create a database of known artwork.  That way, if anybody wanted to work on getting missing stuff down the road it would be easy to find out what is still needed.

Bonus is, I think it will make the artwork in the format that Gilles was talking about.  Personally, I can't imagine it would be harder/easier to code this either way, but now we will inadvertantly have an alternate pic-file-structure to work with.

What do you think madmab?
Actually yes it is.  I've been working on this the last few days and having the files named a certain way and in the same directory of the screenshots was a bit of a pain.  To say the least.  laugh.gif

Drat if I woulda known BB was working on something it would have saved me some time and pain.  laugh.gif tongue.gif

Just a directory with a name like "BCart" (Box and Cart art) would be be good.  Then the user could just point to it... like E: or F:\BCart.  So the pictures would be in "userdrive:userdirectory\gamename\"  This will probably make another user specified directory name to store though.

Anyways it would be far easier to implement, although I've run into a little snag with the xbox not properly de-allocating memory..  sad.gif

On a side note I won't have to worry anymore about figuring out how to "autodetect" the boxart for systems where the boxes and carts are a little more "squarish".  laugh.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »

You won't be able to display two separate pieces of artwork until you get the new beta and you download the new NES artwork pack that isn't uploaded yet.  Otherwise, you're stuck with just the screenshots.  

When the beta comes out you can show just one artwork, just movies, one artwork and movies, or two separate artworks.  

The beta should be out soon.  Thank you for your patience.

~Rx

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2009, 03:02:00 AM »

uhh.gif that sucks, oh well bug-less is always better.

ResX-will that new NesPack be released before the betas?.

looking forward to..
-New Xport Betas
-Final Nes Pack
-Final Alpha Burn Legends
-FBAProXXX1.30
-CoinOpsRelease2
-New AvP release

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2009, 05:41:00 AM »

1) Always, On the gameselect screen, if you press the right thumbstick right( max volume limit), the background music stop to play, and no way to play it again (unless you keep the right thumstick right for almost 10 seconds).

2) When you adjust the "set game screen size/position" and press the "X" button, you won't see the ingame screen while you are resizing the screen.

3) When you select a "pre made config, the previews are showing up, but...it's more slow than the previous build (like if the box was running out of memory), in the previous build, the scroll between the pre made configs was faster

4) Don't really know what happens here, but sometimes the movies simply stopped to work! I must delete the ini to show them again

1) stop deleting your .ini file.  laugh.gif  Actually this was happening after deleting the .ini file and changing the skin.  It is now fixed.

2) fixed.  Good 'ol cut -n- paste got me!

3) got it!

4) Still looking

Finally crushed a bug where the file filter was being set to "x".  This one drove me crazy for a long time!

Changed default skin name to "[gilou9999] Dynamic NES Skin", "[gilou9999] Dynamic PCE Skin", and "[gilou9999] Dynamic Lynx Skin" respectively.  That's the name I picked and I'm sticking to it!  tongue.gif

That just leaves #4 which I'm still not sure about.  But it would be nice to know what Gilles and megaman are doing before the movies stop.  Are you browsing around games, playing a game, browse some more, etc?

Hey RessX... The view text file help screen only displays while actually viewing a text file.  I modified the title bar so it is a little less misleading when selecting a text file.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15