xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread  (Read 5070 times)

xboxglory

• Archived User
Madmab And Gilles' New Releases Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

Is it normal to have every quiver muscle in your body unable to quiver any more because they are all quivered out at the thought of such grand news?  I just got my xbox a week ago and after breathing new life into it, I was thinking that the scene was dead... then I found out about this project  and that the emulators are going to be incredibilized from atari age.  This sure beats using the nes6502 porting method  ©  to get some type of update, which is what I started preparing to do.

Thanks again for your efforts!  This is so awesome!

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2009, 05:56:00 AM »

Well X-port says in his "Request" thread...
pSX - Author has stated he will not release source. Period.

But if you think you can eek it out of him.  It may be worth it.  Especially if it is better than pcsxbox which I find to be a rather hit or miss emulator.

xboxglory

• Archived User
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 25 2009, 07:56 AM) View Post

Well X-port says in his "Request" thread...
But if you think you can eek it out of him.  It may be worth it.  Especially if it is better than pcsxbox which I find to be a rather hit or miss emulator.

From my understanding (its been about 3 years since I talked to him)  he was willing to release parts of his code to emu authors.  Not all the source, and certainly not the complete core.  I do think that getting enough code to re-port it to the xbox is in the realm of possibility or I wouldn't of mentioned it.  

My favor may be enough to get the ball rolling with a programmer of enough "street cred" as I definitely wouldn't be involved in porting at this time(I'm  working on some other personal projects).  I think that may be the edge that X-port might not of had, but I don't know what or how X-port might of asked and why he was rejected.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

Well considering the amount of emu's x-port has "ported" over to the xbox.  I would say that he has the most experience.   unsure.gif  Although he is nowhere near as active on the xbox as he used to be..

As for me... outside of updating cores and importing specific sections of emu code on x-port's emu's.  I have not really done any direct "ports".

Nes6502 has ported "snes9xbox" and some other stuff?  Did he do all the Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Descent, Quake 3, and stuff?  I honestly don't remember who did those.

There may be a couple more oddball emu's out there but I don't remember off the top of my head.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

Okay... Removed all the links to skins and pics from here and put the link to Atariage.com at the top to direct people to the newest versions.

Sorry I didn't keep up with this.  Just too many other things going on.

P.S.  if any mods see this, can you please hide the unused posts at the beginning of this thread starting with the 4th post?  

Thanks,
~Rx

neil222

• Archived User
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Jul 25 2009, 09:05 PM) View Post

Nes6502 has ported "snes9xbox" and some other stuff?  Did he do all the Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Descent, Quake 3, and stuff?  I honestly don't remember who did those.

A600 did Heretic, Hexen, & Descent.   biggrin.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(neil222 @ Jul 27 2009, 11:10 PM) View Post

A600 did Heretic, Hexen, & Descent.   biggrin.gif
ok thanks for the info.  I was trying to provide a list of people who have experience porting stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]