xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 8970 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jan 20 2009, 05:00 PM) View Post

p.s.: don't forget to download the 116 banners pack it has a Barack OBAMA banner and a SARKOZY banner inside  jester.gif

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!  I hate politicians!

Hopefully that is the end of any talk of those people in here.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

lol, it's just for the fun. ; have you try the news skins? Did you have any freeze.
p.s.: for the moment i'm playing with the "cats" banner because i love cats jester.gif
Don't worry 90% of the 116 banners is "emulation related"

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »

I downloaded them, but have not tried any.  If you all want new compiles of the emu's I've converted just let me know.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

Nothing fun about politics in my mind Gilles.  They're all crooks and liars. Any one of them would see this site shut down if they had the power now, I can tell you that much.

And that's about all I have to say about that.   cool.gif

I've got your skins, but I haven't really had a chance to check them out this weekend.  I've been a madman about cleaning up the Gameboy/GBC/GBA stuff.  Right now, there are over 1,700 videos and every game with a video now also has boxart, titleshots and actionshots with matching names (The only exception being the small amount of games that I can't find boxart for).  Some of them have carts as well.

I'm hoping by next weekend I can wrap it up.  I still have quite a few games to test and collect artwork for.  It may be another few weekends unless it goes faster than I think it will.

I think I'll post your link for all the emus at the top of your thread for now until they're tested.  We know how often we've made changes to the skins and have to reupload them.  I'm just afraid that after such a large change that something may make it necessary for another change.  Once we're certain that they are exactly how we want them, we'll get the individual ones up there for people who aren't interested in downloading all of them together.  

Later,
~Rx

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2009, 03:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:10 PM) *

I have really spent a lot of time to free up as much memory as i can,
With all my roms, (from~2005) i don't have any freeze with xboyadvance now,
but be sure to use these new skins

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=HK77GOZQ

a simple test, try your roms with the default skin before judging the dynamic skins  laugh.gif
They are all working with all my roms and all my systems now, there is absolutely no reason to have some bugs caused by my skins now. The only emu wich gave me some problems was neogenesis, and xboyadvance.
Now all is looking ok, don't put more than 15 banners in your sprites folder

thanks quick ?
Dynamic SNES9XBOX  pm3 by Gilou9999
Should I use this with Zsnexbox or are you gonna make one for it later on?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »

The ZSNESXBox is a different beast entirely.  I'd love to see this skin ported over to it (since it's my personal favorite SNES emu), but I don't know how easy it would be since pretty much everything about it is different (in my layman's opinion.... Gilles is the expert on that).  I think he'd have to start from scratch, and I'm not sure if it's even possible to set them up the same way for the end-user.

For now, the dynamic skins are just for XPORT emus.  There are several dual preview skins up in my thread for it though, made by Sotu and Gilles.

Kampfar

• Archived User
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »

Very good skins. When are the new versions of the emulators coming? so I can use the show boxart options etc?

thank you for your great work!

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 22 2009, 01:27 PM) View Post

The ZSNESXBox is a different beast entirely.  I'd love to see this skin ported over to it (since it's my personal favorite SNES emu), but I don't know how easy it would be since pretty much everything about it is different (in my layman's opinion.... Gilles is the expert on that).  I think he'd have to start from scratch, and I'm not sure if it's even possible to set them up the same way for the end-user.

For now, the dynamic skins are just for XPORT emus.  There are several dual preview skins up in my thread for it though, made by Sotu and Gilles.

Exactly;

A skin for zsnexbox is a loooot more easy to do. But are really less flexibles than the xports emus (only 2 sprites; no ability to launch custom settings, 512*512 pixels backgrounds, no sprites for the main menu cursor, can't align the main menu text to the left, etc...). You know i love the nes6502 work too,, zsnexbox is fantastic and is better than a lot of xbox emus

I have 2 pm3 skins for zsnexbox:

- dual boxart/video display for SDTV
- dual boxart/video display for HDTV

The interesting thing about my zsnexbox skins is they will launch your games at the original corect snes pixel ratio (the pixel ratio is setted up by the skin)

I will post the link this week if you really want it (to have a uniform Project Mayehm 3 emus collection i suppose?) wink.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »

I'd love to see them Gilles.

I know you got a hold of Neverwill's artwork.  Did you ever do anything about making dual previews with them?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »

Hey Gilles,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor.  It's not that I don't like it, but I'd rather not have any songs where people are singing on the emus as the default song.  I know you have one for the Genesis.  If you have any others I was hoping you could replace them temporarily until we have the ability to randomize skin songs.  

Thanks man,
~Rx

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 26 2009, 08:30 AM) *

Hey Gilles,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor.  It's not that I don't like it, but I'd rather not have any songs where people are singing on the emus as the default song.  I know you have one for the Genesis.  If you have any others I was hoping you could replace them temporarily until we have the ability to randomize skin songs.  

Thanks man,
~Rx

I asked Gilles about this but I think his pm box might of been full or something...
So Ill ask here Gilles can you post that site you posted earlier awhile back with those mp3s, the Site where you get the background music for the Dynamic Skins, that site had plenty of different mp3 files to choose from, what I want to do is get a couple and add more to the dynamic skins instead of having a default one, mainly I want to change the Genesis cause I cant stand that one ....but again I think Id be better to have various background songs in your skins as long as it had something to do with the emu selected.......

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2009, 06:26:00 AM »

I have some new configs for the Dynamic Skins HERE

Full Tilt is my favorite.  Maximizes both the Movie Preview view as well as the boxart/screenshot view.

BigArt was created for PSX in mind.  Makes the most out of available space to display the Boxart.

BigVid was kind of a preliminary attempt at the "Enhanced Favorites".  It doesn't work exactly right because of the limitations of the options, but you can get a feel for what I'm talking about for full screen video view for enhanced favorites.  (Imagine the text in the middle.... centered, with a great font, possibly some artwork floating behind it like fire or a stone plaque.)

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »

Yo ultimate 509, i have answered your pm, i don't understand why you haven't it?

Well, all my mp3 (video games remix; with the exception of neogenesis wich has the sonic adventure 2 song)
are coming from www.grospixels.com in "goodies";it's totally free music from my french friends (really good site with crazy guys like us)

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Thanks Gilles yeah never got it, ona nother note I know that I havnt helped and really dont have a say in anything but has anyone noticed on certain Nes Videos theres a black bar/border on the left of the previews kinda sucks since most of them dont have it...good job anyways I didnt even know that emu supported video preview untill yesterday.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

That "left black bar" is actually in many NES videos. It has something to do with the centering of the screen in some games. Some games are pushed far to the right side (for some reason). In my videos, I cropped the videos (with this case) the best I could, but if I would have taken it completely out, the right side would have suffered just as much in the opposite way. When I cropped things, in WME makes you do things equally to both sides.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30