xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus  (Read 9486 times)

madmab

• Archived User
The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »

Anyway of incorporating a pic of the HSC cart in the a7800x opening screen?

There is a picture of it here.  I tried it, but me with my limited paint/photoshop skills it didn't look pretty.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125398&view=findpost&p=1529493

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »

You mean for the DYNAMIC atari 7800 splash screen?

like this?
IPB Image

if it is ok for you, just rename it "emuloadbkg.jpg" and put it in the DYNAMIC skin folder
For the (definitive) final versions of the DYNAMIC skins, i think i will put a folder named "alternate splash screen and main menu" with .jpg background in it
because once again, Xport has well done the skins configuration, and in each Xport emu, you can choose wich background you wish for each screen.
It's the best option since atarixl box , neogenesis are "multi systems emulators"
so, in the DYNAMIC genesis skin, you can use this main menu if you are a 32X Geek
(right click on the pic/save as)
IPB Image

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »

Well I was kinda hoping to have the actual 7800 console in the picture as well.  smile.gif I was not sure how hard/easy it would be to somehow integrate the two together.

Good work BTW on keeping the look consistent but yet unique.  I really like that aspect!   pop.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

DYNAMIC ATARI 2600 released ok

Dynamic_ATARI_2600_pm3_by_Gilou9999

and...
DYNAMIC AMIGA released (special dedicace to retroplay)
Dynamic_AMIGA_pm3_by_Gilou9999
IPB Image

p.s. the texts displayed in the splash screen are "beta",
madmab, i need the names of all your future emus  tongue.gif (I know it's soon, but eh! perheaps you already know the name of all of them?ATARIXL BOX GOLD, CRYSTAL, GALAXY, PLATINUM? what else? biggrin.gif
now the hard stuff is made i 'm going faster to make the dynamic skins)

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »

I have made a "special madmab splash screen" for atarixl box
even if it's not really my cup of tea
I don't understand why you love so much thoses "HIGH Score cartridges"? smile.gif
IPB Image

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »

Uggh..  Reached my rapidshare limit for the hour, day, or whatever it is.  I have to do a better job of keeping up with these skins.

The reason I wanted the HSC cart on the 7800 screen because in some ways it is a first.  A7800x is based on an old MESS source of which I made several additions that did not exist.  One of which was HSC support, and the other was fixing the two button support.  Two features that could/should be added to the MESS official fork.  But no one over there seems interested in adding them.  laugh.gif

It's just something I consider an achievement.  There was/is only one other emulator known to support the HSC cart.  So it's kinda a big thing for me.  Plus I put alot of research and time into adding that feature.  I really appreciate you integrating the two.  It's something I wanted to do with the last release but my paint/photoshop skills are limited.

On a historical note.  The HSC cart was never "officially" released by Atari.  It was actually created several years later and released as a limited distribution by AtariAge.  It is also supported by the Cuttle Cart.

Anyway to put a snappy of the 2600 screen up?  I was gonna take a look at it when my rapidshare account reached it's limit.  I always thought it'd be kinda cool to have on the startup screen the dragon (duck) from adventure come on the screen and eat the "adventure dot" which would be in the form of the dot on top of the letter I somewhere on the screen.

I might try to adapt the current z26x skin over to dual preview (although limited support).  Just because I kinda like it.  Although the music does tend to drive me crazy!  laugh.gif  I'll probably try and redo the atarixlbox skin to dual preview as well (and hopefully fix the stupid transparency issues).  Since I put so much work into that skin.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Oct 12 2008, 01:06 AM) View Post
I might try to adapt the current z26x skin over to dual preview (although limited support).  Just because I kinda like it.  Although the music does tend to drive me crazy!  laugh.gif  I'll probably try and redo the atarixlbox skin to dual preview as well (and hopefully fix the stupid transparency issues).  Since I put so much work into that skin.

I was thinking this was making its way to all the emus.  At least all the major ones.  Am I mistaken in thinking that most of the work you've done on Coleco will be easy to port to other emus?

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

The skins that currently exist for all of x-port's emus were not designed for Dual Preview.  So although my recompiles of said emu's will add support for dual preview, the old skins will not have that functionality.  That is the whole purpose of Giles9999 creating the new skins.

But being that I'm partial to the 2600 and atarixlbox skins (especially since I created the atarixlbox skin myself) I was thinking of modifying them to handle dual preview.

I was just thinking.  Is there any reason we need to know the version numbers?  Now that I think about it.  It's probably not a good idea to have any graphics with the version number so that when it does change we do not have to worry about updating the graphic.

As it is now the version number is part of the main menu text.

But in case your wondering.  Here is the format.

If I make major changes to the emu the format is "emuname Main Menu v99 (Madmab ed)".
Any emulator that I recompile for Dual Preview will just be "emuname Main Menu v99".

I've been adding the version number because I got tired of trying to figure out which version I had running on my Xbox's.  laugh.gif

The reason I ad (Madmab ed) is to signify that the major changes were done by me.  That way people will know to bug me and not X-port if any issues come up.  Well that and they can blame me for all the goofups.  laugh.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

Oooohhhh.... gotcha.

I misunderstood.   I thought you were talking about the emus themselves.  I like your Miner 2049'r skin.  That was my favorite game on the 5200 back in the day.

Can I assume that 99% of the work and features you've done on Colecovision will be easy to port to other emus then?

~Rx

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

The dual skin and movie preview stuff (although alot of changes) should be easy.

All the other internal changes I made in Atarixlbox are a different story.  The biggest thing is.  I changed the way the queuing system works (for record/playbacK) so that would have to be tested.  Plus the changes affect netplay as well.  Althuogh not as important (probably hardly ever used) it would need to be tested as well.

Keypad changes should only require small changes (depends on the available overlays on the internet).

Keyboard changes... If Ireproduced each systems keyboard (like I did with atarixlbox) would take alot of work.  That particular section of code is a bigtime hack.  laugh.gif

All other changes should have no effect on the emu but would take a little work modifying it so they would compiles.

Here is an animation of the "Adventure" dragon/duck I was referring to.  I thought it'd be kinda cool to somehow integrate into the opening screen.

http://imageshack.us

Hmm... seems the speed is a little too fast. laugh.gif  But you'all get the idea..

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »

Don't forget the Atari 800xl and box... wink.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

See top half of picture.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

I don't forget this old piece of plastic smile.gif
Just time consuming to configure correctly the 14 configs of the skin:
Dynamic_ATARI_800XL_pm3_by_Gilou9999
IPB Image
it's the atari 800xl with a sort of "expantion pack"?(good quality pic)

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Oct 12 2008, 01:35 AM) View Post

DYNAMIC AMIGA released (special dedicace to retroplay)

WOW great.  smile.gif
A small request though.
It would be über cool if you could make this skin with the classic Amiga logo.  wink.gif
IPB Image

I can be found here.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

DYNAMIC AMIGA (with official logo) (I thought the first one i put was the good one, but retroplay say it isn't)
so here it is:

Dynamic_AMIGA_pm3_by_Gilou9999 with official logo

DYNAMIC PC ENGINE released
(draculaX bg music, 14 configs to choose from,animated system logo and system banner, custom pc-e box for any boxarts settings)

Dynamic_PC_ENGINE_pm3_by_Gilou9999

IPB Image

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

Not trying to be picky bud, but that doesn't look anything like the TG16 that I had.... cool.gif

Here's the one I had:

IPB Image

Lovin' your work.

Later,
~Rx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30