xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Snes9xbox V3 Possibly Up And Coming  (Read 4045 times)

DarthMingus

• Archived User
Snes9xbox V3 Possibly Up And Coming
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ May 8 2011, 06:48 AM) View Post

Yeah dont worry about the "Set Auto Max Skip Frames to 1" to YES  for now.  It cuts the FPS down to like 30fps.. but like you said the animation is not as smooth, even if the game is more playable.

I'm gonna be upping a zip file with three versions of snes9xbox.. 1.51, 1.52, and 1.53.  Do me a favor and try Contra III and  FF VI in 1.52 (and 1.51 if you feel like it but 1.51 has the old sound engine).  Let me know how 1.52 does compared to 1.53.

Once I'm done getting that up to the FTP I'm gonna send dante_ali those and the source for 1.53 (or anything else he happens to need).

Oh and I'll add Aladdin to my ever growing list of games to check.. laugh.gif

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

Okay! i have tested all the mentioned games with:
1.51 core: no slowdowns at all, but no sound at all lol (look like the sound engine is muted in this default.xbe
1.52: same slowdowns like in 1.53
1.53 core: slowdowns in the mentioned games

mm, smell like the new sound engine produce the slowdowns eh
good luck madmab

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

ok.. no problem.... thanks for checking..

Sound will cut out if you try to load a 1.52-1.53 savestate with 1.51 (incompatible).  That is probably what was happening (hopefully).

I passed it onto ali_dante to see if he could get some speed improvements out of it.

Edit:  Whoops looks like the sound is mute on 1.51.. must got some of the code crossed between 1.51 and 1.53 when trying a few experiments.  laugh.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

ok mouse and lightgun support has been added.  You can control light gun games either with the left analog stick, ze mouse, or a real lightgun.  I would suggest turning off the internal x-port crosshair.  Most games have an onscreen cursor anyways.

Only odd thing is with the ONE justifier game you have to point the lightgun to the top left corner of the screen to reload.  Press START on your lightgun to start the game.  Or if you are using mouse/controller press right mouse to reload, whatever button is assigned to SNES "B" to reload on the controller.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »

Alright IPS/UPS patching is in.  Just make sure the name of the IPS/UPS file matches the name of the ROM and is in the same zip file.  biggrin.gif

guitarjerry

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »

OK. I would like it if there were ways to tweak the sound.  The old xsnes9x based on snes9x win 1.42 had three or four checkboxable features on the sound and I think it sounded better.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »

All those sound settings no longer exist.  They were removed in 1.53 and on.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »

hey madmab any good news to report? lol.  pop.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »

Well not much since I added lighgun support as well as IPS/UPS patching support.  Still waiting to hear from Dante Ali.  In the meantime, however, I've been adding/changing a bunch of stuff.  Once that is in I'll probably in the interm release a "public beta" for people to kick the tires on.

Alot of changes that will affect all the emu's since it is mostly interface related.

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »

Hi there guys,

sorry for dropping off for so long.

I guess I will finally attend to the Xbox 1 port and seeing if I can wring some more speed out of it. I've made some good overall improvements to the PS3 version - these are all changes that are platform-agnostic, so they could benefit the Wii or the Xbox 1 too.

Besides that, I've really gotten quite sick and tired of the PS3 scene and the pathetic users there all updating to official firmware as soon as they can't play their latest gamez - so I'm guessing my efforts are better spent for some time on a platform where people are still holding strong after so many years and still giving a shit as opposed to these kids that just want to play their LA Noire and whatever game is the 'hot shit' this week.

Rixus

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

Dante_Ali,

I really want to thank you and madmab for all your work!

Dante, I really appreciate all your work on the ps3 front even if there is... some not so nice people out there...just know there are those who very much appreciate it smile.gif

Anyways, xbox really is my fav. emulation console, if you could squeeze more speed and get it playable that would awesome!

Thank you both again!

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

no worries dante_ali. looking forward to seeing what you can do with this. i bet theres a way to get it running great with the ntsc filter. even with it running now, its damn close. wink.gif

butanebob

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »

Man, this may be a month late but i just popped in to see if there was any progress on snes emulation for xbox. And turns out there is!, Madmab and team - thanks so much for the work you guys have put in.

I'm really looking forward to giving this new emu a whirl, i'll even have to buy another xbox off ebay coz my last one stopped working. tongue.gif

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »

Yeah sadly it's gonna take a while for the PS3 scene to mature.  But to be honest it does not seem to be much better off than the PS2 scene was some time ago.  Out of all the playstation "scenes" I think PSP is the only one that went along reasonably well.

But really.. things have slowed down to a crawl in the ps3 arena.  So much potential there but no one seems to be moving.  Plus like ali dante said... kiddies cant live without being able to log onto PSN and play their latest HOTZ game.  I solved that problem with my 360 a long time ago.  We have one 360 for online play and the other two have hacked DVD drives.

So if I ever did get the urge to use PSN I would probably just go out and get myself a PS3 specifically for that.  That way I would not have to worry about things like that.

Consoleman!

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »

I like madmab's idea of being able to choose between audio engines.  That way games that need audio improvement get it, while not effecting the speed of the games that don't need it.

Seems like a better time investment than banging your head on the table trying to squeeze more speed out of the newer build.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5