xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Changing From Ntsc To Pal  (Read 882 times)

Kurtis

• Archived User
Changing From Ntsc To Pal
« on: July 23, 2005, 07:04:00 AM »

I mada a bad change in XBMP.

I was trying to get a movie to play and in the settings of XBMP I changed from pal to ntsc and now i can`trun XBMP at all!!

How do I change this back? I have been inside comfig.xml and made sure that one is on pal, but it still will not run...

Please help!!!!

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

Reading the pinned topics is a start....

Kurtis

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »

First of all this is a problem with Media PLAYER since Media CENTER do not seem to support .avi files. It says they are supported but I cant play any. Not from box HD or pc HD to xbox. But the files play just fine om my pc..

Second Why dont just help insted of just say see pinned... Its not like I havent been reading the topics here and on players website. And since I hvent found anythig I hoped for some help here..

I guess the easyest way is to install player again byt I dont find a download since they stopped working on it.. and dont say sourceForge.net.. the downloads there dont work.. the files you get cant be read by the xbox..

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kurtis @ Jul 23 2005, 10:07 AM)
Media CENTER do not seem to support .avi files. It says they are supported but I cant play any
blink.gif Are you a time-traveller from 2003? J/K, but XBMC plays AVIs just fine and has done so for quite some time now.

QUOTE(Kurtis @ Jul 23 2005, 10:07 AM)
Why dont just help insted of just say see pinned... Its not like I havent been reading the topics here...
I beg to differ. It is like you haven't read the pinned topics because your answer is there.

Kurtis

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

My Media center do not play avi files. I have the 2005-07 build..
I see on forums that some have the same problem but no help..

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

1: XBMC plays avi´s just fine. If you have a bad avi file dont blame us.... If XBMP plays it, xbmc will. You see, both programs uses something called mplayer.dll, and it is infact more likly that you will be able to play MORE avi formats with xbmc then with xbmp.

2: I, nor anyone else, owes you nothing. That said i point you towards the pinned topics in this forum yet again to find the solution to your problem. Thats more then you should be asking for.

3: XBMP has been dead since dec 13th 2003. (Earlier infact, but this is the date the last comit was done to xbmp´s cvs) Thats 2 years ago... XBMC IS the player to use. We are the same people in the team then as now.... And if you had read the website and forums you should know that you will only find the sourcecode for the program there as we are 100% legal. Have a problem with that? Then go ask Mr. Gates to give us the XDK and freehands to distribute the binary files without any legal trouble. (You should know where to get the files if you infact read just a little)

Thread closed.

If you have a problem AFTER you have followed the guides on what todo then feel free to make a new thread, but untill that happens, you should make sure you know what you talk about befor making yourself look like a ignorant fool.