xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Weather Problems?  (Read 1425 times)

excalibe

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »

Is anybody else experiencing problems with their XBMC Weather?  My Weather section isn't displaying anything--everything else is working fine and my XBOX is indeed connected to the Internet (e.g., RSS feeds are working).

I upgraded to the latest build (5/4/08) but that didn't seem to solve it.  It's really odd--I can go into the settings and change the area code/city, and it performs a lookup on weather.com to retrieve the correct city--but when I go back to refresh my weather settings, it not only fails to display any weather--but it does so with the old cities.

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing this type of weird behavior, and if anybody knows how to fix it.

Thanks.

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:43:00 AM »

From what I can tell, everyone will be experiencing it.  It's because the site scraped has changed its url method, but that's hardcoded into XBMC so there won't be an easy fix/scraper install to solve it.  The devs already know of the issue so hopefully it should be solved by the next build, but obviously that depends on their priorities.

c-2

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:56:00 AM »

the fix is in , it will be in the next build ..

vmaxvboost

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »

If you are re-coding the weather section of XBMC, I'd LOVE to have more than 3 cities to choose from.

The little that I know about programming, is it a matter of extending the limits of a loop

for i = 1 to 3

goes to

i = 1 to 8

????

If you could add that functionality, that would be great

Thank you.  I am continually amazed at what XBMC and its developers have done with a 10 year old computer.

Brian

DeeDubLU

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »

I'm very new to this.... my weather feature stopped as well. what are the options?

Cocophone

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(DeeDubLU @ May 8 2008, 10:20 AM) *

I'm very new to this.... my weather feature stopped as well. what are the options?

1. Compile XBMC yourself from the svn

or

2. Wait 2 weeks for a new compiled version from T3CH

jmarshall

• Archived User
Xbmc Weather Problems?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »

vmaxvboost:  A limitation of the weather.com API access agreement is that we only use 3 locations.