xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Pre Movie Capability  (Read 869 times)

MysticalJet

• Archived User
Xbmc Pre Movie Capability
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Well it's been a while since I've posted on the scene.  I am hoping someone can help.

I have recently built a home theater - dedicated theater.

Rather than using a SD DVD player I am planning on using a modded XBOX 1 as a media source for the SD movies.  

My question is can XBMC be set up to play a pre-movie automatically before any movie is played?  I have developed a pre-movie intro that I would like to play before the movies, but I would prefer it to play automatically rather than selecting separately.

Any help appreciated.

Thx

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »

The movie theater plugin (i believe that's the name, comes with AQT script, installable.), you can choose a pre-clip to play, choose number of trailers to play even(uses the apple quicktime trailer library), then play a certain clip before movie, then the chosen movie itself you choose from the library. Easy to setup too!! Been using it since it's addition of this functionality.

My xbox in my theater room is set to play the coming soon 'AMC' trailer i found on the net, then 3 movie trailers, then the 'Feature attraction' clip i also found on the net, then the selected movie i choose. Impresses the guests too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by djdafreund: May 3 2008, 05:52 AM

MysticalJet

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

Thanks a ton - I'll have to check this out!

MysticalJet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »

Please bear with me as I had to upgrade to a newer version of XBMC.  I had one of earliest versions installed previously that did not have many of the new capabilities.  I did a bunch of mods back in the day, but it has been at least 1.5 years since I was really into and following the xbox arena.  So the plugin feature is new to me.  Anyway, I installed the plugin, but I do not believe it is working properly.  Does the XBOX have to connected online to have this plugin work?

I receive a  no database found message when I run the plugin.  

I basically want to use the XBOX to store DVD movies on the HDD, and have the XBMC act as the media center for file management of the movies - including playing a pre-movie intro that is stored on the HDD of the XBOX.  I, at this time, do not need the SMB capabilities, and I am really not into downloading trailers, etc.

I have searched for a bit now both here and at XBMC site but have not found the answers.

I guess if someone could point me to a tutuorial on the Home Theater plugin or can help, I would appreciate it.

-MJ

This post has been edited by MysticalJet: May 4 2008, 04:36 PM

MysticalJet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »

Alright everyone.  If your interested, the latest update of XBMC (May 4th Svn release) took care of the database issues.  The plugins seem to be working properly although all I've done is kicked the tires.  

I was racking my brain over the problem.