xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Xbmc To Copy Savegame Data (udata)  (Read 801 times)

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
Using Xbmc To Copy Savegame Data (udata)
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Trying to show someone the edinburgh track on PGR2 on xbox.
I've already unlocked the track on 1 of my xboxes, so rather than play through again on the other xbox  (to unlock said track), I thought I would copy the savegame data from one xbox to another.

I didn't realise before now that xbmc had a feature to facilitate this, so I simply, located the UDATA relating to PGR2 on my first xbox, ftp-copied that to my PC, then copied it over to my second xbox to the correct directory.

I didn't rename anything at any point. But PGR2 is not seeing the savegame data sad.gif

So I tried doing it using xbmc's built-in save transfer feature.  (I'm using xTV skin, not sure if that's relevant)
I went to, Settings, Gamesaves, picked  "FTP XBMC (frontroom)"  (thats my xbox in the frontroom).

At this point i got a list of stuff on the remote xbox. Most items on the list were invisible, but highlighting them reveals C, E, F etc.   (bizarelly, on the right side, when I've got F selected  the text displays  "Project Gotham Racing 2".    -Not sure why it's done that!  But anyway,

I could just hit COPY on this item and then select "Local Gamesaves" as the destination. But would that actually take the save? Cos if I just click on Project Gotham Racing 2,  it just goes into a listing of contents of my F drive.  :s

Basically, if I copy this savedata manually, PGR dosen't pick it up. If I do it the xbmc-feature way, PGR still dosen't pick it up.   sad.gif

I'd rather not have to go through the game again up til the point where I can unlock the Edinburgh track.

Anyone have any advice?

-Pants

ps- I've tried to find that xbmcsaves website that used to exist, but I think it no longer exists.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

How I would do it:

Load up the box with the save game on it, use the save manager to locate the actual folder it's stored in.

Stick the two X-Boxes on the same network with FTP and autodetection enabled. Goto the "frontroom" system and use the file manager to read the other console's HDD.

Copy the save folders stored in UDATA and TDATA to their respective locations on the frontroom box.

From there, it should work. If it doesn't then the save games are locked to the original system's EEPROM; in that case, there's nothing you can do besides mirroring the EEPROMs between systems (keeping in mind this is tricky if the boxes aren't the same version).

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

I just transferred my game saves from its respectable Udata and Tdata folders to the corresponding folders in the other xbox and it worked fine... sounds like you just did the Udata. Tdata and Udata should be the same weird number for the game.