xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Icon  (Read 281 times)

Rastan11

• Archived User
Dvd Icon
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »

Hi All,

What I wanted to do in XBMC was to get it to display my dvd with my favourite tv show to show my customised wide screen icon, instead of the default DVD icon. I got the icon to change but now every dvd that I put in XBMC shows the same TV show icon. I have tried the option that says remove thumbnail (Or something along those lines) What I would like to know is how do I restore the DVD icon to the default one. I would just replace the build with a fresh one, but there are settings and imdb info that I need to keep. When I copy over the userdata folder it keeps all the settings including the customised DVD icon that I do not want.

Can anyone tell me how to restore the icon?
Maybe there is an image file that I can replace or some xml that I can edit?
I would hate to lose all my artwork and stuff if i am forced to do a fresh installation  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Dvd Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »

LOL.  thanks mate.  I did this myself a matter of months ago, but could never be bothered to fix it myself.  thankfully you've spurred me into it so I no longer have an NCIS banner for my DVD Drive.

If I understand correctly, XBMC caches its thumbnails using a CRC of the source path.  So, assuming I have that correct, and the CRC is always calculated the same (i.e. not CRC32 in some cases), and the DVD drive is always D, then to remove the thumbnail you'll need to FTP or Filemanager across to /Q/UserData/Thumbnails/Video/a/ and delete "a399b4ee.tbn".

Took me about 5 mins using a registry edit, and my thumbnails database FTPed to PC.  Hopefully I followed my line of though correctly, and that should solve it for you too.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Rastan11

• Archived User
Dvd Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

Stefan your a star!!!
I dont know how you managed to work that out but I am eternally grateful!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Some of what you said went waaaay over my head...lol  But the end result  worked a treat!

I've had this problem for months, no more Heroes icon on every DVD I put in.

Thanks again bruv!!

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Dvd Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  glad to hear it worked.

Hapened through complete lucky chance.  I was on the wiki the other day for some reason or another and found out about thumbnails being CRC, so you asked the question at just the right time.
Besides, as I said it got rid of the icon for me too so really worked in my favour. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)