xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Selecting Albums  (Read 140 times)

secar

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

When i select a album by pressing  the YELLOW button the album starts to play.But when i stop the album by pressing the START button and try to pick another album to listen too by pressing the YELLOW button again it just starts the first album i was listening too.the only way i found to get round this is to reboot my xbox.

What Should i be doing? I've had this version on my xbox about 2 years.

THDVL

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

Thats a really old build of xbmc you're using.. could be a bug. Grab the latest tech release and go from there. You will be happy you updated, a lot has changed.

secar

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

Where do you get the new version from and do i just fxp it to my harddrive.

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »

You get the new version from T3CHs Website.  Theres always a pinned thread at the top of this forum telling you the most recent version, normally started by T3CH so you should always be able to find it.
Theres a file in the archive telling you how to update.

secar

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

I've updated my xbmc with latest T3CH looks really good.on my old version i was able to look at my shared folders and play them straight away but with this version i have select the folder then save the path befor i can play it.I don't want to do this with every folder so is there a way round this.

Thanks for your relpies so far.

competes2win

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(secar @ Dec 15 2007, 04:53 PM) *

I've updated my xbmc with latest T3CH looks really good.on my old version i was able to look at my shared folders and play them straight away but with this version i have select the folder then save the path befor i can play it.I don't want to do this with every folder so is there a way round this.

you could take your old sources.xml file and ftp it over to the new build... but it's not hard to make your own sources and it's a bit nicer because you don't have all the sources that used to be auto generated, half of which no one used anyway...

flea17

• Archived User
Selecting Albums
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(secar @ Dec 15 2007, 10:53 PM) *

You're experiencing the old playlist method vs. the new way.  In the old one, pressing 'Y' added an album to your playlist, black toggled back and forth from playlist view to your File view.  Now, Yellow adds things, but it's not really a playlist.  If you press green on any music file you'll also erase your entire playlist instead of sampling the song before deciding to use yellow to add it to the playlist.  I personally hate the new method, as do anyone else I've spoken to or who has used my Xbox to play music then vs. now.