xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Episode Scraping  (Read 102 times)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »

Hey,
I'm having a few issues with the TVDB scraper atm.  Only minor tbh, but may as well ask.  I've only just started using it, and all was working fine.  However the other day I simultaneously moved some of my videos to a different folder, and installed the new T3CH update.
I've readded all of the videos, and downloaded thumbnails for everything, except I have been unable to recieve thumbnails for 2 of them.
"The Sarah Jane Adventures" will not download a thumbnail at all, and "Painkiller Jane" only recieves one, which I dont like.  Until the files were moved, I could change the thumbnail for it.  In both cases when the dialog appears, the Remote Thumb is blank.  Painkiller Jane has 3 or 4 different thumbs on the site, but only one downloads to the dialog, and the other spaces are blank as well (IMDB1,2 etc).

I dont suppose anyone knows how to solve this, as the default image just doesnt look right.

I'm also noticing that certain folders dont retrieve -any- episode data at all.  This is the case for me with StarGate SG-1.  I assume its because the videos are a multipath, but I dont have any other option because of HDD space (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Is there any way I can get this data to update as well?

Thanks
Stefan Leroux

Daje

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:59:00 AM »

Seems to me there are thumbs for very few episodes at thetvdb for those shows, so I suggest making them yourself. Here is a great method for fast & easy creation of thumbs:
http://xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29699
And of course, please update thetvdb with your thumbs when done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

If you want to use another thumb for the one you don't like, just place it in the folder with the episode, and name it nameofepisode.tbn and refresh

If there are problems displaying thumbs that are actually at thetvdb, I don't know why, but would guess that it times out or something. Sometimes there's a lot of traffic, if the scraper don't grab the info it usually works within a couple of hours (based on my experience)

Hope you'll get it to work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Geeba

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »

Been having huge problems with scrapers! iMBD in perticular... pulls back the wrong info and takes ages... over 2hours yesterday on a job that normally takes a few minutes... been backing of the iMBD file to one from a few builds ago.... not good but  I dont know what else to do?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

deanrparry

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 05:32:00 AM »

Yes and as i said before MoviePosterDB was having problems hence the speed... all will be fine and dandy now there also an update in svn to imdb.xml incase MoviePosterDB take a dump again. As for TV.COM if you want posters use TheTVDB.COM simple solution (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Daje @ Nov 20 2007, 09:59 AM) *

Seems to me there are thumbs for very few episodes at thetvdb for those shows, so I suggest making them yourself.

I'm not so much bothered about the episode thumbnails.  I've only started to recieve them in the past week anyway, so I'm not going to miss what I didn't have.  It's the atual TV show thumbnails that won't retrieve that bothers me.  And since I'm crap with photoshop, and have a lot of seasons, manually doing them all sucks (and looks rubbish).
By not getting the episode data, I mean anything.  No titles/episode names or anything.  Even showing the TV info says 0 episodes.

QUOTE(Daje @ Nov 20 2007, 09:59 AM) *

If there are problems displaying thumbs that are actually at thetvdb, I don't know why, but would guess that it times out or something. Sometimes there's a lot of traffic, if the scraper don't grab the info it usually works within a couple of hours (based on my experience)

I agree, it does often work again, even if tried seconds later, but with the 2 series I mentioned I've tried its at various times over 3 days, and it keeps the same return.  It just seems odd that it's only happening to these 2 series.  I've tryed refreshing all data and they get the episodes, just no available banners.) :S
 - And I found it odd that both had "Jane" in the name (I know its a coincidence, but its an odd one

Geeba

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »

Not a noob... but never had to download the imdb.xml before.. just taken it from other builds... couldnt point me in the right direction could you please..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Episode Scraping
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »

Well, I don't really understand SVN, but to my knowledge just downloading the one xml from it should be fine because it won't need compiled.  However, I am a noob when it comes to this.  I've done it before successfully, but will guarantee nothing.

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xb.../video/imdb.xml