xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Edit Views/wide Icons  (Read 80 times)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Edit Views/wide Icons
« on: November 17, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

Hey folks,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the views available in XBMC.  What I'd like to do is add my own view so that I can change information.

I intend to edit the "Big Wide" to remove the text below, thus giving me just a "Banners" view.  I generally use icons which have my TV show names already on them and thus I get the name twice (once on icon and once as folder name).  However, I dont want to just remove the Big Wide because I use it for some other folders.

Can anyone tell me how to do this at all?  I've looked at XBMC but cant figure out where the View information exists.
Thanks

Stefan Leroux

p.s. If anyone can tell me where to download the Wide Icons packs I would be extremely grateful - I've tried a few of the links around but none seem to work for me.

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Edit Views/wide Icons
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 18 2007, 12:18 AM) *

I don't think it is possible to assign multiple icons for the things so that you can switch automatically when you change your views... Though I would like this as well

Thats a real shame, it would be a really nice feature.  Who knows, maybe it will be in future *hopes*
I've managed to edit all of what I needed in the actual CommonViewTypes.xml.  Unfortunately I've only managed to change the Big Wide view.  I'm still trying to figure out how to add mines as an actual view type.

I've tried changing its ID and name, and adding an <includes> of its name to MyVideo.xml and MyVideoNav.xml but it keeps getting skipped past.  Will keep on trying till I figure it out.

Can anyone tell me of any unused IDs.  I've been using 4464 as mines, but I'm not sure if its used elsewhere and if that may be the issue.

Cheers anyways guys.