xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Features Are You Looking Foward To The Most?  (Read 516 times)

whiteymarvin

• Archived User
What Features Are You Looking Foward To The Most?
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

Very good point, as great as XBMC is, it has many features that make it more accessible to a techy user.  Whereas the Xbox360 interface always has a little guide in the bottom telling you what button does what.  I hope that this addition to XBMC makes it more accessible to the general public.
For instance, when I first got Windows Media Center in the living room, my wife groaned.  But after about 30 minutes of using it she absolutely loves it and never has to ask "how do I do this...?"  XBMC has been in the living room for much longer but I am the only one who uses it.  Hopefully this will change that!

uberx

• Archived User
What Features Are You Looking Foward To The Most?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(whiteymarvin @ Mar 4 2006, 12:31 AM) View Post

Very good point, as great as XBMC is, it has many features that make it more accessible to a techy user.  Whereas the Xbox360 interface always has a little guide in the bottom telling you what button does what.  I hope that this addition to XBMC makes it more accessible to the general public.
For instance, when I first got Windows Media Center in the living room, my wife groaned.  But after about 30 minutes of using it she absolutely loves it and never has to ask "how do I do this...?"  XBMC has been in the living room for much longer but I am the only one who uses it.  Hopefully this will change that!

Quoted for truthiness