xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need Help With Gamercard  (Read 1214 times)

morpheus2n

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »

For some reason the new skin 1066 will not get my card from xbox.com it will pop up saying downloading but then nothing it just stays at the default card?!?!?!?! is there no way of implamenting a card like the ones on mygamercard.net would be a nice alt as i always have problems with the current one or even redo the code ????

rkolech

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

I too am having the exact same issue...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
It says downloading, but then nothing happens.  Please help.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)  

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »

welcome to the wonderfull world of scraping sites for info the sites change the scaper breaks.  Unless someone who knows python can fix it, it will stay broke

rkolech

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Mar 8 2008, 02:40 AM) *

welcome to the wonderfull world of scraping sites for info the sites change the scaper breaks.  Unless someone who knows python can fix it, it will stay broke

Hope this doesn't sound snobby but, why wouldn't the MC360 team address the issue, since its their skin?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

because these days mc360 team is pretty much me and blackbolt
and neither of us know python ao unless someone who knows python can fix it the solution we can do is remove the feature

xess

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

Going back to what Morpheus said: would it be possible to include a script from mygamercard.net instead then? As long as someone makes one obviously... Or would that just run into the same problems?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »

Sure if soeone makes a working replacement that does all the same as the current did I will gladly add it

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Mar 10 2008, 12:08 AM

xess

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Mar 9 2008, 11:06 PM) View Post

Sure if soeone makes a working replacement that does all the same as the current did I will gladly add it

I put a request in the python scripting forum, so hopefully someone will sort it out. Its such a great feature of the skin, its a shame its not working.

You can find the thread here.

enixidfrag

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »

If someone can send me the current scriot (and supporting files it ties to if needed) then i will be willing to take a go at tieing it into my gamercard i did it before for my vB forum not that hard sometimes

rkolech

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(xess @ Mar 9 2008, 06:27 PM) *

I put a request in the python scripting forum, so hopefully someone will sort it out. Its such a great feature of the skin, its a shame its not working.

Good idea, hopefully someone will code something up...

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I was trying to edit the script for personal use earlier, but obviously it wouldn't work.  Now, I'm pretty much entirely new to scripting but I compared the script html recompile method to extract the info and it is the same - I can see no reason for the scraping not working.  Is it possibly that the script has been offset by any changes to XBMC rather than to Xbox.com?

enixidfrag

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Stefan Leroux @ Mar 18 2008, 02:30 AM) View Post

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I was trying to edit the script for personal use earlier, but obviously it wouldn't work.  Now, I'm pretty much entirely new to scripting but I compared the script html recompile method to extract the info and it is the same - I can see no reason for the scraping not working.  Is it possibly that the script has been offset by any changes to XBMC rather than to Xbox.com?

send me the script (or just tell me which folder its located in lol to lazy to look) And i'll see what i can do for linking to mygamercard.com most likely there was changes to xbox.com's gamer card protocols they may have even made it not work on prupose u know cause there pissed XBMC owns there soul LOL

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

Should be fixed in the SVN thanks to Martomo
Revision: 1287
Author: jezz_x
Date: 9:37:52 AM, Thursday, 27 March 2008
Fixed : Gamercard didn't update from xbox.com any more thanks Martomo for pointing out the bit that needed changing (it was a small thing too) sad.gif
----
Modified : /MC360/extras/gamercardupdate.py
Modified : /MC360/extras/set_gamercard.py

chronno

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »

Nice, I just put those new files in and it worked great.

Is that all that needed changed?  Just that 8 to a 7?  Ether way good show.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Need Help With Gamercard
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

Yeah pretty funny how small it was hey smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2