xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mc360 For The Linux/osx Port  (Read 686 times)

Illumi.Naughty

• Archived User
Mc360 For The Linux/osx Port
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

The topic title and description pretty much sums it all up. I am just curious because I don't really want to make a LOT more MC360 themes if it is going to stay xbox ONLY. I am sure everyone understands where I am coming from.
What do you guys plan, if anything???

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

Well It does work fine on them now as long as you don't enable mouse.  Mouse support sucks in mc360 due to the way its made.  Also you have to take into account that mc360 is very console oriented with the A,B,X,Y buttons down the bottom and the KAI stuff in the guide blade as well as gamer cards and all that stuff and the Games Blade.
All of these aren't really relevent to linux osx or win32 so its a real big task pretty much a total rewrite to make a mc360 thats meant for those OS versions.
And then it really wouldn't be mc360 anymore just a skin that looks like it smile.gif

Illumi.Naughty

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

Yeah, that is kinda the same conclusion I came up with. It is kinda sad to think about, but it couldn't be more clear.
I hate to see all that work into ONE skin go waste. And all those themes (226 on the BlackMarket), stays on the  dead xbox. Just gonna have to start making a bunch of themes for PM3 and Xbox-Classic.

Thanks for letting me know Jezz!

- Illumi.Naughty

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

Just confirm what Jezz_X said, MC360 won't be going to Linux anytime soon, it's pretty much an Xbox-centric skin. Our new skin, EX on the other hand will be. wink.gif