xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thumbnails  (Read 453 times)

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Thumbnails
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

I posted this question at the XBMC forums some time ago, but never got an answer. I know this prolly aint the place for it but everyone here at least answers me when I have a question.  Is there a way to get XBMC to assign the folder thumbnail to all the files inside of said folder? If so....maybe a lil help? If not......at least an answer would be nice. Thanks again.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »

no its not possible outside music

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

If it's possible for music, it should also be possible for videos. Just a matter of scripting XBMC to do it, right?  Kind of like how before Timdog brought out his monster mod, I made XBMC recognize AVI files as music so I could change the music section to a T.V. section. Worked just fine when I done that. I might give it a try and let you know how it goes.

This post has been edited by FourTwentySmiles: Nov 9 2007, 03:45 AM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Ok first anything is possible if you want to modify the C++ code And honestly I fail to see how you could make the music section think avi files are music without using the new music video stuff that was added recently

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

What I did was create an AdvanceSettings.xml and pretty much told it to recognize .avi , .wmv , and such as music files.  Like this...

<musicextensions>
<add>vob .nrg .img .iso .pva .wmv .asf .asx .ogm .m2v .avi </add> <remove>.nsv .m4a .flac .aac .strm .pls .rm .mpa .wav .wma .ogg .mp3 .mp2 .m3u</remove>
</musicextensions>

Then I changed a few words in MC360 to say T.V. instead of Music.

Finished up by changing the sources.xml to look for "Music" files (videos) in F:/Television on my xbox Hdd

This was around Feb. of 2007.....and I dont think the music video thing was out then. If you go back in the forums to the very first posts in Timdogs release of his Video Monster Mod, you will see where I told him of my mod. I think I even refered to it as "crude"....but it did work! After I seen his Mod....I hung mine out to dry, and used his ever since.