xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Phoenix Bios Loader  (Read 925 times)

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader
« on: October 01, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »

Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I am trying to run Phoenix BIOS Loader on a 1.1 Xbox and that requires the EEPROM key. Is the EEPROM key readable through a HEX editor? If so can anyone tell me which line is the EEPROM Key? This is the EEPROM info for the Xbox in question

IPB Image

Any help would be great, thanks!

Heimdall

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »

You can read the eeprom on your PC with LiveInfo, but PBL doesn't need the eeprom key from your eeprom. It needs the RC4 2bl key, and possibly the key to decrypt the eeprom, but all of these should be included in the pack you download, in boot.cfg. Just search for metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1.zip - it's all there.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 2 2011, 08:24 PM) View Post

You can read the eeprom on your PC with LiveInfo, but PBL doesn't need the eeprom key from your eeprom. It needs the RC4 2bl key, and possibly the key to decrypt the eeprom, but all of these should be included in the pack you download, in boot.cfg. Just search for metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1.zip - it's all there.

Thanks! I didn't know about that particular package.

I'm still having no luck with this though.

Do you know, with my softmod the EEPROM info comes up all 0's after the dashboard loads. The only way to get the real EEPROM info is to boot a rescue disk fist. Could this be whats causes PBL not to work correctly? If I boot PBL from the rescue disk it just resets back to the disks main menu, but if I was to boot my Xbox and try to load PBL it just hangs on a black screen. Is there anyway to turn off the virtual EEPROM, or whatever it is that masks the real EEPROM?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »

Sounds as though you are using an old softmod, and you might want to fix that first. Use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) burned to DVD-R to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1. That will definitely solve your blank eeprom problem.

Out of interest, why do you want to use PBL?

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Oct 3 2011, 10:24 AM

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 3 2011, 10:11 AM) View Post

Sounds as though you are using an old softmod, and you might want to fix that first. Use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) burned to DVD-R to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1. That will definitely solve your blank eeprom problem.

Out of interest, why do you want to use PBL?

Thanks! I did search for this a while back but all the places I found it had no seeds, but "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc" took me right to one with tons of seeds smile.gif

I want to us PBL to run the debug BIOS, and load the debug dash on my retail Xbox.