xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Xbpartitioner And Hard Drive Questions  (Read 48 times)

silentbob343

• Archived User
Some Xbpartitioner And Hard Drive Questions
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Softmodded Xbox using Krayzie's ndure installer with .67.

I have a 400GB hard drive, decimal size, and XBpartioner seems to show the decimal size. Showing 129GB for F, 262GB for G, and I can't recall the other partition sizes ATM.. If it is reporting binary shouldn't it allow for a 137GB F partition instead of 129GB? I.e. 137GB for F and 254GB for G

My G partition is 262GB, but when formating it uses 16K clusters. It was my understanding that anything over 256GB needed 32K clusters to prevent corruption and the .nfo for XBpartioner states that partitions larger than 256GB will automatically use 32K clusters. I have the most recent version downloaded off Xbins.

The other thing is once in my dash, XBMC, the size is reported as 123GB for F and 250GB for G. Is this loss from reserved space used for file system and partition accounting information? 6GB and 12GB seems too excessive for that. I'm fairly certain it is not XBMC reporting capacity via binary as that is a total of 373GB not including the other partitions, E-4.5GB, and the total binary capacity is 372GB.