xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Guide To Bigger Hdd With Software Exploits Only  (Read 2548 times)

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
Guide To Bigger Hdd With Software Exploits Only
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »

is it ok to delete that backup folder? i dont want to be detected by xbl

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

Yes it's ok u can all ways make another though evox.

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

mastafunk

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

Success!

Followed the first posts instructions mofiying a few steps to make it simpler.

Instead of unlocking the drive first I simply hot swapped it in Xlinux.  This was somple at the xlinux boot screen hit pause, boot up your xbox, and unattach the ide cable then attach the one for your pc.  Resume your pc and if you get no errors during xlinux boot all is OK
Using this method you can skip steps #3 #4 and #5.

For step 11 I used the original drive(hot swapped) and the new drive.  Original was primary master new one was secondary master.  I issued the command dd if=/dev/hda51 of=/dev/hdc51 . This works.  If you need to copy your existing e: as well do dd if=/dev/hda50 of=/dev/hdc50 .  This will preserve what you have on E: leaving the rest for F:.  This method allows skipping step 11

Simply boot with unlockx and lock the new drive and you are done.

Hope this makes it easier for some.

thisisnot32chars

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

Just a note, but when i did this, i used a direct "dd" command, waited a long time, and then did the swap and it worked perfectly.  The command was just dd if=(old hdd) of=(new hdd) or maybe the other way around (it was a few weeks ago :-) )  Anyways, every fatx partition was copied perfectly, as well as the data (games and saves) albeit I had to format F: through a ftp session in order access all the extra space on my hdd.  Hope this helps someone in some way, these forums have helped me tremendously.

cl0ckw0rk1337

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »

sad.gif .  Please tell me you can help! thanks in advance.

kuamuamu

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »

ok... so i have my original OEM HD in my xbox with PBL and evox installed using the fonts method. Can i just FTP my backup folder to my PC HD, then follow the steps given for restoring my backup to my new HD and just plug in and go? or will the PBL give me the wrong key for unlocking my OEM HD? I don't have a way of using any gamesave methods, i just used the hotswap trick. Can i upgrade my HD by just using the backup folder that evox creates?

Icebird

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

I'm having problems with adding a new HDD. I unlocked the original XBox HDD with ConfigMagic, and then backed it all up with HDD Driver. I did the HDPrepera on the new Hard drive, and then added the BRFR thing at 0x600 and HDD Driver detected as an XBOX Hard drive. THen I restored the backup image of my original xbox HDD to the new hard drive.
Now how do I get the new Hard drive to work? I have the calculated passwords of both the original Xbox HDD and New HDD. I also have the password that ConfigMagic used to unlock the Original HDD.

I tried using UnlockX in dos with the original HDD in the secondary primary IDE, and it said the Original Xbox HDD was Not Lockable. I tried locking it anyways, with the Unlock key ConfigMagic used and it didn't work.

I haven't tried locking the new HDD with UnlockX yet, I just restored it with the backup of the Original XBox HDD.

The New HDD is a Maxtor 120gb ATA133 7200RPM 8mb
The Xbox HDD is a 10gb Seagate.

I have WinXP, and I'm using a WinME bootdisk to get into DOS.

Is there any reason why I'm not able to lock my original Xbox HDD? And how would I go about making my new HDD work in the XBOX?

Thanks for any help.

-Icebird

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

dry.gif

And break that ME disk use Win98SE for DOS..  www.bootdisk.com

deadly

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

Add ur HDD when locking on the first IDE channel.Take off all jumpers.Then IF not try jumper on master then cs.

If it was Frozen..It was Frozen with some kind of password.

If you used atapwd to lock it then try to unlock it from in there.I think it's either the master or user pass.

MattMan69

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]