xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New 10/29 Cvs Xbmp Hangs At Exox Load  (Read 195 times)

jmarshall

• Archived User
New 10/29 Cvs Xbmp Hangs At Exox Load
« on: October 29, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

If you're using a real old bios, you may need to patch the xbe to retail.

Otherwise, just make sure you copy all the proper files over.

jimmyc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

I got xcuter1, so it can't be flashed to new bios

Quatermain

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 08:58:00 PM »

I kinda got it to work through some doctoring.

I took the files from an old build and replaced the default.xbe with the one from the new build. Which worked, except the LED kept cycling through red, amber and green.

I went back and added the LED configuration lines into the old config.xml and tried again. Didn't work. It got to the Xbox logo load screen and then did nothing.

So I decided to just try things again with the cycling LED problem, deleted the LED lines from the config file, copied the RealPlayer .dlls into the dll folder and burnt the disc. It started up, as before.

I tried to run a few .rm files, they played, but with zero audio. There wasn't even a toggle bar on the audio adjuster, so I'm guessing it wasn't finding an audio stream or something, despite there being one. Other than there being no audio, the .rm files seemed less glitchy visually than in previous builds and the run-time bar was a lot smoother.

It looks like I'll have to revert back to an old build. Unless someone can tell me a solution to my initial problem?

aimzork

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 07:43:00 AM »

having the same problem with mine getting to start do i need a newer bios than  4977 ? i also gott newest evox  i dont get this it just hangs right after load

s10blazed

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »

I am having the exact same problem with the newest Media Center.  I have the 4977 bios and have tried 2 versions of Evox and also avalaunch.  I got Media Center to run fine the first time I tried it.  As I was playing with the settings I changed the skin and it crashed.  I figured no biggy and went to restart the app and it hasn't worked since.  I re-installed it a few times, tried the 2 newest versions of Evox as of this writing and also avalaunch that was booted off a CD-RW.  I had to resort to a fairly old build of media center to get it to boot again properly.

aimzork

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

would be great to get some reply from the profs biggrin.gif

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »

If running from CDRW, try setting the <autovideolaunch> tag in config.xml to false.

Using newer xbe with the media files etc. from older working copies of XBMP is fine, you just have to watch for files that may have changed.  These are in general the language files (in Locale) and the config.xml file.    Looking at the creation dates of those files should show you that not much has changed for a while.

I'm pretty certain that nothing else has been added since the webserver was added except the visualisation directory which isn't necessary to get XBMP to boot.

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

Somthing that might help..

There was changes made to the config.xml in 10-??-03 builds so if you are using a 9-??-03 config you need to use the one that came with 10-29-03 and edit to your liking..

from

</local>
  </Music>
BLAH BLAH all your share stuff

to

</applications>

you can copy all of that form your old config.xml to the new config..
save you some time..  beerchug.gif

Hope that helps

---=Snyper=---

aimzork

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 07:03:00 AM »

thats not the problem

aimzork

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

hmm my solution came by deleeting the XBOX Media Player.cut file from the hdd

Quatermain

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (---=Snyper=--- @ Oct 31 2003, 10:50 AM)
Somthing that might help..

There was changes made to the config.xml in 10-??-03 builds so if you are using a 9-??-03 config you need to use the one that came with 10-29-03 and edit to your liking..

That's not the problem, I've tried using the unaltered 10/29 files on their own and it freezed up, I tried using unaltered 10/13 files and got the same problem.

The only time I actually got it to start was by using the 10.29 default.xbe with the files from an old build. But since the config.xml didn't have the LED lines in it back then, I get a flashing led of various colours. I tried adding those lines into the old config.xml and it wouldn't load.

I've tried deleting the XBOX Media Player.cut file from the XBMP files before I burnt the disc, along with deleting the XBMP save files and that didn't help.

Nothing I've tried has solved the problem.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »

As always, try to boot with the network cabel unhooked is you are using evo-x as your dashboard......

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ Oct 31 2003, 08:13 PM)
Have you got the latest build? In the newest one it has an addendum at the top of the text file that says "10-30 patched to retail for old mod-chips" or something like that. That is the one I am using and it is working fine  beerchug.gif

That aint the problem...

It is a very known issue that evo-x fucks up the network and often wont let you start xbmp

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »

It is a very known issue that evo-x fucks up the network and often wont let you start xbmp

That is right... I forgot about that. Should have read the ENTIRE post  beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2