xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Background Colour  (Read 635 times)

xbot

• Archived User
Background Colour
« on: December 28, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

When I view an image within an xpr it displays it on a black background. How can I change the background to transparent or white background?

CHI3f

• Archived User
Background Colour
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

Transparent would not work cause you would still see what was behind it, which would be black. But to make a white background, you could just make a an all white image and name it whatever you wanted, we'll call it white.png for example, put it in the media folder of the skin you are using, and then you just code that puppy in before the image you after trying to view otherwise it would overlap your target image. Here is an example code.

<control type="image">
 <posx>0</posx>
 <posy>0</posy>
 <width>720</width>
 <height>576</height>
 <texture>white.png</texture>
</control>

That should work.

xbot

• Archived User
Background Colour
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Dec 29 2006, 01:01 AM) *

Transparent would not work cause you would still see what was behind it, which would be black. But to make a white background, you could just make a an all white image and name it whatever you wanted, we'll call it white.png for example, put it in the media folder of the skin you are using, and then you just code that puppy in before the image you after trying to view otherwise it would overlap your target image. Here is an example code.

<control type="image">
 <posx>0</posx>
 <posy>0</posy>
 <width>720</width>
 <height>576</height>
 <texture>white.png</texture>
</control>

That should work.

Im not good at coding so I think this is beyond me

This post has been edited by xbot: Dec 29 2006, 01:25 AM

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
Background Colour
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

I have written an XPR extraction tool which will enable ppl to extract skins to disk as long as they are not protected. This will be launched in line with MC360's 1.0 release sometime hopefully soon and will be available from http://blackbolt.x-scene.com. Initially the download will be available only from there due to myself just moving home yet again.