xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Group Conditional Visibility  (Read 141 times)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Group Conditional Visibility
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »

Hey folks,  think the topic gives a bit of a clue... I'm dabbling with some skinning, and I'm looking to make a control group to appear/dissapear as needed.  I've tried using a visible tag with the allowfocus attribute set to true, and I can get this to work for buttons when the condition is set as self, but it doesnt work for groups for me.  Is there something I'm missing to get an entire group to appear when focussed, or would I need to do this for each button in the group individually?
thanks
Leroux

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Condition</visible>  on the group should do the job fine post the code you have (just the group) and I may have a better understanding

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

CODE

buttonpanelslide
    Control.HasFocus(9000)

View As Icons button

Sort by button

Sort asc

Thats the non-working code.  If I change the Control.HasFocus() condition to either 2,3 or 4 it will become visible, but obviously only when those are selected.  I am intending to add more controls to the group later, which is why I dont really want to do each control seperately as a condition, but I guess I will if necessary.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

Try ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus()  for the visible condition

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 2 2008, 02:05 AM) View Post

Try ControlGroup(9000).HasFocus()  for the visible condition

You're kidding right?  OK, I quit.  This is why I'm only skinning for myself, if I screw up with things like that.

Anyways, cheers as always Jezz_X, you have earned yourself another warshipper! smile.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »

hehe don't give up smile.gif its all a learning process we all started somewhere but the wiki and looking at other skins is really the best place to learn
I used to recommend people look at PM3 to learn but thanks to Me PM3 has gotten pretty complicated these days  sad.gif  (code wise)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »

Lol, no worries.  I won't give up quite that easily yet... just write it down so I dont do the same again.  Truth be told its PM3 I'm editing... trying to find a way to change it a bit to add extra features, while remaining true to it.  Next order of business is adding movie fanart for myself.

Anyway, I've got that done now... run into other problems but I think I know how to sort them too, so I'll have a go at that tomorrow after a good sleep.  Cheers for all the help mate. smile.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »

truth be told (And this is the first time I mentioned this anywhere in public)
I have been working on a new Updated version of pm3 for Hidef (or 16x9) for a while now.  It allready includes movie and Tv show fanart as well as much better mouse control (non xbox of course)

Basically its 97% remade images from scratch and thus has a slightly different look to it but still very much follows the pm3 theme of simplistic and very useable.

It will probably be in the first XBMC Atlantis Beta Version downloads. So people can bug check it before we hit final

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »

Ah man. I am SO looking forward to seeing that come out. I love PM3 (2nd most used skin for my xbox's), and always wanted to see a proper 16x9 conversion done on it. Great news to hear. Thanks a bunch!!!

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »

lol you hide it in a non related post and people still find it smile.gif

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 2 2008, 08:02 AM) View Post

Surely that can only be a good sign.
Sounds kool man... I'll keep editing just now, because I like to have my own touches at times (I use a customised home screen for instance), adn I wouldn't mind the ability to actually do a little more in skinning.

But totally agree with djdafreund - I use PM3 the whole time on my main box, I just can't adapt well enough to any of the others.

Gamester17

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 2 2008, 07:02 AM) View Post

news leaker, hehe wink.gif ...maybe its time for your first blog post Jezz_X? biggrin.gif