xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90

Author Topic: Xtv Skin Beta Released  (Read 19715 times)

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1230 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Dec 15 2007, 10:56 AM) *

you should upgrade to the newest t3ch build.

If you read my post I have got the newest build.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

competes2win

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1231 on: December 16, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Juiced2k @ Dec 16 2007, 09:30 PM) *

If you read my post I have got the newest build.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

no where in your post did you say you have the newest tech build... you said something that its not compatible with xbmc 2.0.0 and it's not compatible because that's not the newest build... if you have the newest build you have upgraded within the past week. Did you do that? if you did than I'm not sure what the problem is.

This post has been edited by competes2win: Dec 17 2007, 03:54 AM

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1232 on: December 17, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Dec 17 2007, 03:49 AM) *

no where in your post did you say you have the newest tech build... you said something that its not compatible with xbmc 2.0.0 and it's not compatible because that's not the newest build... if you have the newest build you have upgraded within the past week. Did you do that? if you did than I'm not sure what the problem is.

It says the newest build of xbox 2.0.0 what ever the version number is....anyway, you info is not helpful at all so just leave it at that

competes2win

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1233 on: December 17, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Juiced2k @ Dec 17 2007, 10:18 AM) *

It says the newest build of xbox 2.0.0 what ever the version number is....anyway, you info is not helpful at all so just leave it at that

Man I was just trying to help... the error concerning skin compatibility is pretty common and is fixed 95% of the time by just upgrading to the newest Tech builds... which are released on a weekly basis, even when you say what you say, for some reason I'm not believing that you actually knew this let alone had upgraded to the newest one. A new one came out last night too... maybe you should try that one. Also you have to make sure you build the skin using using the build .bat file I think it is.... If you do both of those things you should not have a problem.

This post has been edited by competes2win: Dec 17 2007, 06:29 PM

yeawhatever

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1234 on: December 18, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Dec 17 2007, 06:26 PM) *

Man I was just trying to help... the error concerning skin compatibility is pretty common and is fixed 95% of the time by just upgrading to the newest Tech builds... which are released on a weekly basis, even when you say what you say, for some reason I'm not believing that you actually knew this let alone had upgraded to the newest one. A new one came out last night too... maybe you should try that one. Also you have to make sure you build the skin using using the build .bat file I think it is.... If you do both of those things you should not have a problem.

Ladies, ladies no arguing now..... Completes2win is probably right though, make sure you build any skin that you get of svn.... either that or you have transfered the files over rooted inside a folder.

Basically xbmc looks in zskin\xtv\ (all skin files should be here)

Common mistake is people either a) dont build/ transfer the built folder accross, or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) have it in wrong folder so its Q:\skin\xtv\xtv

If you want help, its prob best not to get upset when someone helps.... yes some of it might seem a bit simple, but ost cases are caused by simple errors by the  user.

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1235 on: December 18, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(yeawhatever @ Dec 18 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Ladies, ladies no arguing now..... Completes2win is probably right though, make sure you build any skin that you get of svn.... either that or you have transfered the files over rooted inside a folder.

Basically xbmc looks in zskin\xtv\ (all skin files should be here)

Common mistake is people either a) dont build/ transfer the built folder accross, or (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) have it in wrong folder so its Q:\skin\xtv\xtv

If you want help, its prob best not to get upset when someone helps.... yes some of it might seem a bit simple, but ost cases are caused by simple errors by the  user.

Mate, I have been using XBMC for years I understand that you need the newest build - which I always update pretty much whenever a new one is released. Also, with the skin I did build it with the bat file but it didn't work.

I am gonna try a full restore of XBMC

Also, sorry for amping up mate - just been in a bad mood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

R111

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1236 on: January 19, 2008, 02:01:00 AM »

beenieman4355

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1237 on: January 20, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(beenieman4355 @ Jan 13 2008, 08:43 PM) *

Hello,
I would like to configure my XBMC build that when I press a button on my universal remote, it brings up the power menu.

Can anyone assist me?

BUMP??

R111

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1238 on: January 20, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(beenieman4355 @ Jan 20 2008, 08:41 AM) *

BUMP??

what is it gotodo with xTV?

what you ask is on Xbox Media Center Online Manual

beenieman4355

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1239 on: January 20, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(R111 @ Jan 20 2008, 03:29 PM) *

what is it gotodo with xTV?

what you ask is on Xbox Media Center Online Manual

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cocophone

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1240 on: January 23, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

I noticed when I'm looking at the popup window for Album Info and I click on "Tracks" nothing happens except the button changes to "Review"  When I click "Review" it changes back to "Tracks"

If I switch to the PM3 skin this works and shows the Tracks on the Album.

I using the lastest xbmc on a 4:3 display.

Is the just a feature that has not yet been finished?

tippo88

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1241 on: January 29, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

CHI3F- a while ago you helped me change the TV Shows button to a TV button that fires up XBMCMYTHTV by editing the home.xml and translate.xml files. I notice in the latest version the translate.xml file no longer exists. Can I achieve the same thing now by just editing the home.xml file. Thanks

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1242 on: January 29, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

The labels are now stored in the "language" folder of the skin. Just open it up and open the folder of the language you use and edit the strings.xml as you please.

tippo88

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1243 on: January 29, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

CHI3F, excellent thanks for your help.

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1244 on: January 30, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »

Trying to get xTV to look absolutely sweet on my tv.

Im running 16:9 PAL

It's great, but I find the font a bit small, so I increased every reference to font in the skin folder by 2.

Looks great.

But just a few things still look a bit strange/out of proportion, I was wondering if anyone knows how to edit:

1) The volume+and- display box that appears when you change the volume (I want to shrink it vertically) (top-right corner)
2) The FFWD+RWD seek bar box that appears when you seek throught a video (top-right corner)
2) The xTV logo itself on the main menu  (it appears a little bit stretched vertically, I want to edit this)
3) The MOVIE (clipboard) and MUSIC (notes image).  (they appears a little bit stretched vertically, I want to edit this)
4) The font (size, proportion) that shows in the top-left corner  (MEDIA OVERLAYS)
5) In full-screen Music Visualisation, the album art (tilted and non-tilted) image size, (it appears squashed vertically by default), I want to edit this to increase it's vertical size.

please dont tell me to revert to 4:3, it's a long story... my tv just looks much better and brighter in widescreen mode, so I'm using 16:9.

I'd like to get all these elements sorted, because everything else looks vanilla and it took me a hell of a long time to get it to this state, believe me!    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Help appreciated,
Pants.

This post has been edited by PantsOnFire: Jan 31 2008, 03:21 AM
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90