xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Startup_playlist-0.3.py Freezing Xbox On Startup Please Help  (Read 588 times)

rookie4sho

• Archived User
Startup_playlist-0.3.py Freezing Xbox On Startup Please Help
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:00 AM »

So ive had autoexec.py with startup_playlist-0.3.py on my xbox for years working. I got them from here somewhere years ago and they have worked like a charm. I recently changed my friends stock HDD to a 500gb and put the same version XBMC as mine (XBMC-SVN_2009-06-27_T3CH) and put the scripts in the exact same place. Whenever I put the autoexec.py in the same location as startup_playlist-0.3.py and reboot, xbmc freezes upon the menus flying in (they never make it into place).
im on project mayhem III. But without autoexec.py, I can go to the scripts button in xbmc and press on startup_playlist-0.3.py and it will start playing my music fine. Only when I add autoexec.py and then restart is when it freezes. I do see the song name and album cover come up as if it tried to play the song but nothing but a frozen screen. Ive gone back to my working xbox and double checked all my settings and everything seems to be the same in xbmc as on the one not working.

I also have this version xbmc XBMC-SVN_2009-12-09_rev25497-T3CH and tried that instead and I have the same exact problem. I also installed this version on MY xbox and the same problem happens, even though on MY xbox when I go back to my other installation it still works fine. Perhaps theres some files I need to delete? but being from a fresh install figured it would be good.

All I really want is to auto play mp3's (as i do on MY xbox) on startup. I dont want to make playlists (i dont even know how to) I just have my music folder and my folders within it if I want to seperate certain ones and then just play them shuffled. It works fine on my xbmc with the same build. I dont know whats different, if anything my xbmc has alot of junk on it that needs cleaning.

I have my mp3's in F:/Music
XBMC is also in F:
I have also made xbmc my dash.

Please help. Sorry if I missed anything.....these are softmodded xboxes also.