xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Voice Commands  (Read 545 times)

murauder

• Archived User
Xbmc Voice Commands
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »

i havent really looked into scripting or anything. but in light of xblive shutting down for original xbox. people will have no use for their head sets anymore. i was wondering if it would be possible to write a voice command script for XBMC?
nothing to complicated
such as "play artist The Romones" or "next", "pause", "stop", etc.  (you get the gist of it im sure)
im gonna look into scripting, etc.
just wondered other peoples experiences with scripting and if this is even a possibility

Harryt223

• Archived User
Xbmc Voice Commands
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(murauder @ Mar 6 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

i havent really looked into scripting or anything. but in light of xblive shutting down for original xbox. people will have no use for their head sets anymore. i was wondering if it would be possible to write a voice command script for XBMC?
nothing to complicated
such as "play artist The Romones" or "next", "pause", "stop", etc.  (you get the gist of it im sure)
im gonna look into scripting, etc.
just wondered other peoples experiences with scripting and if this is even a possibility

It's possible.

I think the hardest part is installing voice configured software and integrating it with the xbox. If you can do that.. then it should work out.

It's a nice idea, I'd give it a try someday.. maybe one of my uni projects!