xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Help  (Read 117 times)

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Newbie Help
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »

Hey all,

I've got an idea for a plugin that I want tpo make, but at the moment I don't have a clue how to do anything of it.  My Python skills are somewhat limited - I have done it before, but I can't really remember much of it, so I'm treating it as learning anew.

What I need is some pointers as to how to do a couple of things.  I'm hoping that these are (very) simple, as they seem it in my head, and I'm trying to ask as little as needed to get myself a foothold.  I intend to make major advances later but here goes.

I want a plugin to list all files in a directory.  I intend to edit this later so it will only list files with specific endings/extensions, and to be a chooseable folder, but for the moment all I need is a hardcoded folder for all files.

The other thing I need is to know how to perform actions when selecting the items.  For this I basically want to add the file path & name to a text file.  Again seems simple to me, its just how to make the onclick event I need.

If anyone can help me with these I'd bve extremely grateful, and hopefully it will help me get a foothold into creating some kickass plugins.

Cheers guys

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
Newbie Help
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »

That soyunds like it will help perfectly.  cheers  nuka1195 biggrin.gif