xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released  (Read 1457 times)

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »

The XBMC4Xbox team is proud to announce the release of XBMC4Xbox 3.3

Many improvements have finally been added to XBMC, including better support for those that have upgraded their original Xbox consoles to the full 128mb of RAM that Microsoft only allowed on devkits

(IMG:http://www.maxconsole.com/maxconsole/contents/RKSID00000000000000001200/icon_xl.jpg)

Improvements include:
  • New default Confluence Lite skin.
  • DVDPlayer improvements.
  • Updated VFS and Cache.
  • Improved 128MB Ram support.
  • Built-in support for recently added videos/music for skins (without the need for Python).
  • Updated MythTV support.
  • Better out of the box support for universal / Microsoft Media Extender remotes.
  • Password Manager for Samba shares allowing different usernames/password per share.
  • Skinning improvements.
  • Scraper updates.
  • Various other code / library updates and improvements.

Big   thanks to all those who have helped with this, including JezzX for   Confluence Lite and XBS for his work porting it over to XBMC4Xbox.   Thanks also to the developers at the XBMC project,   as the majority of features were backported from their code base.   Thanks to Dom, Jan, Kozz, Temhil, XPhazer and XMan as well as others   over at the XBMC4XBox Forum for their help with scripting, code testing, moral support and help running things.

Please do join in the discussions over at our Forum, and if you enjoy using XBMC4Xbox please feel free to make a donation to the project.

See the development page for links to the source code and the svn repository. For binary builds, read the information on the download page.

Here are some screenshots from the latest release. Enjoy.

Download: XBMC4XBOX v3.3

NEWS SOURCE: XBMC4Xbox v3.3 Released (via) 360Crunch

Zod5000

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

As much as I love the Xbox1 and XBMC, the Xbox1 really doesn't have enough juice to be a decent media box anymore?

I went HD around '07 and the XBMC could do uncompressed 720p, but couldn't handle x264 720p/1080i/1080p video at all?  This rendered it obsolete pretty quick?

I'd of been more impressed if someone figured out how to port it to a 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »

Same. Once I went HD my box kind of became obsolete. I ended up selling it but now I sometimes wish I had it so I could play some emulated games. I really did love that console though.

hyfall381

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »

sorta the same as above.  the xbox1 is an outdated console and im surprised that xbmc, or anything for that matter, is still being made for it.  i guess theres some people out there who will still find something like this xbmc update useful, but i think the vast majority of us wouldnt.

This post has been edited by hyfall381: Jul 24 2013, 10:47 PM

hcf

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

I don't want to start a flame, but after reading the previous posts, I feel that I must write this: I use XBMC4Xbox every day, I love it... and I know a lot of people who uses it too. I understand that some people don't use it, but a lot of other people do use it. It's a wonderfull piece of software, and it makes our Xbox a great console, so THANKS A LOT for keeping working on it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by hcf: Jul 24 2013, 11:23 PM

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(hcf @ Jul 24 2013, 11:22 PM) View Post

I don't want to start a flame, but after reading the previous posts, I feel that I must write this: I use XBMC4Xbox every day, I love it... and I know a lot of people who uses it too. I understand that some people don't use it, but a lot of other people do use it. It's a wonderfull piece of software, and it makes our Xbox a great console, so THANKS A LOT for keeping working on it! smile.gif
+1
and I would also like to add that after the original Xbox era ended, I have almost (with the exception of owning a Modded Wii) completely transitioned to PC for playing games. Additionally, combined with the fact that I don't really watch TV, and the fact that my girlfriend has no interest in hi-def, I have not really experienced a need to upgrade my TV's to Hi-def, and so I still use my XBMC Xbox consoles for streaming my plain old SD movies from my PC to my living room Xbox or to my bedroom Xbox for movie nights.  pop.gif

Anyway, who determines when we have to upgrade? The industry? laugh.gif They don't tell ME what to do.  laugh.gif

exobuzz

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:00 AM »

I wouldn't argue that getting a new HTPC is not a good idea, especially if you want to play full HD content. I do think there is still a place for xbmc4xbox though.

We no longer live in the days when people have a single TV/display device. With multiple tvs in various rooms , I think the xbox still has a place. Not everyone wants to fork out for a new HTPC for every room, so it can be useful if you have an old XBOX that can be utilised.

pimmelpeter

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(exobuzz @ Jul 25 2013, 12:38 PM) View Post

I wouldn't argue that getting a new HTPC is not a good idea, especially if you want to play full HD content. I do think there is still a place for xbmc4xbox though.

We no longer live in the days when people have a single TV/display device. With multiple tvs in various rooms , I think the xbox still has a place. Not everyone wants to fork out for a new HTPC for every room, so it can be useful if you have an old XBOX that can be utilised.

Big thanks for XBMC4XBOX 3.3 !
Keep up the good work !

pohclan

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »

Whats the stupid point of calling it Xbmc4xbox?

The fucking X in Xbmc stands for XBOX

This post has been edited by pohclan: Jul 30 2013, 11:19 PM

hcf

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(pohclan @ Jul 31 2013, 12:18 AM) View Post

Whats the stupid point of calling it Xbmc4xbox?

The fucking X in Xbmc stands for XBOX

In the beginning, this application was named only XBMC (Xbox Media Center), it was developed for Xbox, and it was ported to several other plattforms. During years, XBMC was developed in those plattforms... but then, some members of the XBMC development team decided that the Xbox console was not powerfull enough, and they stopped developing for the XBox: ironically, they started to program XBMC for other plattforms, but NOT for Xbox! (even though, as you said, XBMC means "XBOX media center").

Luckily, other developers decided to continue working for our Xbox console. But they cannot name this project "XBMC", because the "XBMC" project was the other (developed for other plattforms), so the "4Xbox" suffix was added, to say that this is the version of XBMC made "for Xbox".

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »

I once made the big mistake of trying to install XBMC from a magazine cover disc on my 10 year old laptop which, unsurprisingly, has far better specs than the Xbox. I didn't check out the system requirements and just assumed it would be essentially the same thing. Doh! It was unusable.

Just downloaded this new XBMC4Xbox release but not installed it yet. It'll be interesting to see how it has changed as the last update I did, from an AID disc somebody gave me, was to a 2008 version. Couldn't update it as until this month I didn't have broadband.  

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »

I would be impressed if they can get netflix to work on XBMC4Xbox.

phire

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »

LONG LIVE XBMC on XBOX!!

Iriez

• Administrator
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »

+1 ....I STILL USE MY XBOX1 smile.gif smile.gif

All the time for emulation! I got a XIOS for my media center needs so I could get x264/1080p content compatibility with ease, but the xbox 1 is still a very active portion of my media experience!!! Im personally STOKED about this release and its the first download in a LONG time for me smile.gif Along with this post hahah! Havnt posted in ....maybe 5 years? Very possible.

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
Xbmc4xbox V3.3 Released
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »

I absolutely love that they're still keeping this updated! It's awesome to see that there's still dedicated people moving this project along, even after the core developers moved to support other platforms.

I own 4+ og Xbox's and use my main one almost daily. It streams Pandora. Streams music/videos from a network, plays xbox 1 games and emulators ...all from a super modern UI. And you can do all this on a console you can get from second hand stores for 17-40 dollars. I've always been a fan and it's cool to use it over the years.

Still have yet to do the Ram upgrade, but that in addition to the 1.4ghz cpu upgrade must make HD playback much smoother. Anyone with a trusty box have input?
Pages: [1] 2