xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Running Game Isos Off Hdd  (Read 630 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Running Game Isos Off Hdd
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:02:00 AM »

1. No, as you say you need an iso mounter embedded in the softmod / BIOS
2. No, Krayzie doesn't have the iso mounter built into the softmod
3. No, they are actually less reliable because of the need for an embedded iso mounter.

All but a very small handful of games will run when extracted to the hard drive, so if you are having problems then either there's a problem with your mod, or you are doing something wrong. Resorting to ISO files isn't the right solution.

You could try clearing the cache (E:\Cache\) and delete the contents of the X, Y and Z partitions. That solves most problems with games not loading.

If that doesn't work, and since you don't say which version of SID you are using, or which of the installation options you selected, it is almost impossible to offer more concrete guidance. You could use HeXEn to install the Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod, then at least you'd be starting from a known baseline.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »

Yes, different softmod installers result in sofmods with different features. None of them installs ISO game support as standard.

I didn't say it wasn't possible to play ISO games from the Xbox HDD, I said it wasn't possible from XBMC i.e. XBMC has no features for loading ISO games. Your underlying mod may have such features, but yours obviously doesn't.

Did you try clearing the cache and X, Y and Z partitions? It's the most likely cause of your original problem.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »

CODE

This will clear your cache. It can be helpful when you experience games not loading or crashing.

Cache is cleared.

I'm sure you could set up a shortcut in XBMC to link to a copy of UnleashX with just that one menu item, if you wanted. However, I'd suggest that you don't need to do it often enough to make it worth the effort - I haven't cleared my cache in 3 years.

SPPV

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

And update your mod, for the love of god. Its fine to stick with SID but you want 5.12 not 4. Grab XBMC Installer 3.2.2 and pop it in the XBOX and hit re-do softmod. Your dash, games etc will remain in tact but you will be upgraded to a much more stable mod