xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Make Xbmc4xbox 3.2 Stable As Default Dashboard  (Read 866 times)

Nicktendo

• Archived User
How Do You Make Xbmc4xbox 3.2 Stable As Default Dashboard
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »

Hello everyone. I have a Hardmodded XBOX with Xecuter2. I do not know much more about the mod, because I did not mod it.

I tried making XBMC my main Dashboard, but messed up somewhere and got Error 13, 14 and 21 I believe. So I made an AID Disc and now I can load up everything that is in the file manager and I can FTP.

Right now, my default dashboard is the MS Dash. My E:\Dash folder is empty. My C:\ folder has evox.ini, evoxdash.xbe, XBox Book.xtf, Xbox.xtf, and xboxdash.xbe.

If anymore information is needed, please let me know. Thanks.

xyteam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »

to make xbmc your main dash do the following.

1 delete the evox files in your c dash.
2 in your xbmc folder you will see a file called default.xbe,rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.
3 ftp over the files in the xbmc folder into your C drive.(do not ftp over the folder itself,just the contents)
4 reboot your xbox and it should boot up xbmc.

Nicktendo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »

I tried what you said xyteam, but no luck. The XBOX wants to load up the MS Dash every time.

I believe my problem is that the XBOX wants to boot up xboxdash.xbe at the initial boot up. If so, is there anything I could do to fix the problem?

This post has been edited by Nicktendo: Sep 9 2012, 02:24 AM

xyteam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:43:00 AM »

if you have an aid disc then that should have the option to install xbmc as a main dash,try that out and see if it will boot up xbmc.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »

ok well lets just mention this..

if you are going down the AID road vs hexen..
the newest version of aid is AID:Consign To Oblivion Edition
and then the softmod installer disk is now XBMC Installer 3.2

id personaly recomend hexen.. but if you are going to use aid or the software installers.. then i reccomen you use the latest version as lots of code werrors have been fixed.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »

Even when using a chipped machine nobody should be recommending deleting .xbes from any drive. If you're going to replace a dash RENAME it to another bootable alternative so that there's a safety net if you stuff up.

The long recommended method to install XBMC as the main dash is to use the XBMC shortcut specifically designed for the purpose not the main XBMC default.xbe. XBMC should be and remain in the Apps folder.

What I don't understand is why if you have an AID disc you have not just used that to install your main dash of choice? That is what those AID menu options are there for. Just make sure to select the non-softmod option if your machine is chipped.

Nicktendo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »

Every time I tried to use AID to make XBMC my Default Dashboard, it would boot up MS Dash no matter what.

I ended up renaming the XBMC default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe and put it in the C Folder after I deleted the one already there. Probably not the best solution, but it worked for now.

Anymore help is appreciated. Thanks.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »

Whats the best way to do this without using a AID disc or Hexen?

AZImmortal

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »

Find out where your dash is booting from (probably E:\dash\ or E:\dashboard\), start up another dashboard from another location that will give you ftp access, delete your old booting dash files, and upload the new files to the same location.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

I did it the smart way which is use the XBE Shortcut Maker and guide it to launch your XBMC's default.xbe from the Dashboard folder of course after you rename it.