xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hd Output Without Ms Dash?  (Read 655 times)

xander5

• Archived User
Hd Output Without Ms Dash?
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

So I just dumped some money on component cables for my Xbox. I tried enabling HD in XBMC and it crashed. I cannot get back into the MS Dashboard, it keeps giving me error code 21. Is there any way at all to turn on HD without using the MS Dash? Or is there a way to restore the MS Dash so I can turn it on from there?

-Xander

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:03:00 PM »

How is your Xbox modded? If softmodded, which softmod? Can you boot a rescue disc? Can you boot a retail game?

xander5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Jul 17 2012, 09:07 PM) View Post

It's not clear to me - are you getting an Error 21 when you now boot the Xbox or just when you try to access the MS dash?

Have you tried reconnecting your original SD cables?

Thanks for helping. I fixed it on my own. Fallenangle, the error message came when I tried to load the original dash within XBMC. It even came up with my SD cables. What I did was I went into Ndure (that's what I modded with) and I found a disc tray open boot option for the original MS Dash. I selected it, got in, enabled HD and I was good to go.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »

That was lucky and/or clever of you but glad it fixed the problem.

Such changing resolution issues tend to be due to using Shadow C protection but that shouldn't have caused the Xbox to give an error message. If the MS dash was working before you swapped the connection cable type and wasn't afterwards there must have been something else wrong.

What I would do now is identify where that working MS dash .xbe is and enter it as the Custom Path in XBMC > Settings. Depending on the XBMC skin you're using you should then have the ability to go direct to the MS dash should it be required again.

Just as an aside not directly related to this problem but with XBMC it is also usually recommended to have the UnleashX dash as an app.