xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Put Xbmc On Empty Harddrive  (Read 318 times)

joioi50

• Archived User
Put Xbmc On Empty Harddrive
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »

So after a wery long time I wanted to use my xbox chipped with duox2.

Then I remembered that the DVD in it is trash and that I long time ago formatted and used the harddrive in a PC.

Now I have a 300gb IDE harddrive, is there any possible way to get this xbox to work?
It boots fine with the custom color logo so the chip and xbox should be fine, all I need is to somehow get a dashboard onto it, preferably XBMC as dashboard but I'll take anything else aswell aslong as it works.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »

Use your PC and xboxhdm to build the new disk.

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ May 15 2012, 11:05 PM) View Post

I don't think this works, because the harddrive has no xbox files in it.

When I turn on modchip it gives dashboard error

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »

Again, use xboxhdm to build the new disk.

See the links in my signature for broad guidelines about using xboxhdm (Build a new softmod disk with eeprom), but note that you don't need the softmod files, you just need to install UnleashX at C:\evoxdash.xbe after you've built the basic stock disk.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: May 16 2012, 01:48 AM

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

just incase you have issues with xboxhdm..
you can use a y power splitter from the xbox hard disk (set as master) and a pc dvd drive (set as slave) in your xbox and it will boot hexen from your mod chip and prepair the drive for you..

the pc dvd drive wont work with any original xbox games though, but should let you boot hexen.

the only thing you would need to use the pc for in that instance would be to burn your copy of hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk" and you burn it at 4x or slower.
i recomend ritek 8x full face printable dvd-r's

the pc dvd drive should be able to read any media you use. BUt check that it can read dvd-r's 1st. you may have to use dvd+r with a pc dvd but dvd-r should still be most compatable.

if you dont have a y power spliter you can probably use your pc power supply to power the dvd player if push comes to shove.. but is try and have ot all contained in the xbox personaly.

This post has been edited by shambles1980: May 16 2012, 03:36 AM

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »

Thanks, infact I don't even own a PC DVD player or CD player.
I'll carefuly read the guides

To make things faster for me couple of questions:

Q1: Can I just connect the harddrive to PC without xbox involved and boot from USB xboxhdm, I don't need to lock the harddrive because I don't need original microsoft dash.

Q2: Maybe the harddrive inside the xbox gets some information from modchip So I need to hotplug the harddrive from Xbox to PC?

I'm hoping I can use Xboxhdm2.2 (USB Edition) - Final Release link here

QUOTE(Heimdall @ May 16 2012, 02:46 AM) View Post

Again, use xboxhdm to build the new disk.

See the links in my signature for broad guidelines about using xboxhdm (Build a new softmod disk with eeprom), but note that you don't need the softmod files, you just need to install UnleashX at C:\evoxdash.xbe after you've built the basic stock disk.

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ May 16 2012, 04:34 AM) View Post

just incase you have issues with xboxhdm..
you can use a y power splitter from the xbox hard disk (set as master) and a pc dvd drive (set as slave) in your xbox and it will boot hexen from your mod chip and prepair the drive for you..

the pc dvd drive wont work with any original xbox games though, but should let you boot hexen.

the only thing you would need to use the pc for in that instance would be to burn your copy of hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk" and you burn it at 4x or slower.
i recomend ritek 8x full face printable dvd-r's

the pc dvd drive should be able to read any media you use. BUt check that it can read dvd-r's 1st. you may have to use dvd+r with a pc dvd but dvd-r should still be most compatable.

if you dont have a y power spliter you can probably use your pc power supply to power the dvd player if push comes to shove.. but is try and have ot all contained in the xbox personaly.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »

Q1. Yes and No!!! Yes, you connect the hard drive to the PC, no, locking has absolutely nothing to do with the MS Dash. You don't need to lock because you are running a hacked BIOS.
Q2. No.

xboxhdm 2.2 is the one to go for.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: May 16 2012, 01:04 PM

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ May 16 2012, 01:49 PM) View Post

Q1. Yes and No!!! Yes, you connect the hard drive to the PC, no, locking has absolutely nothing to do with the MS Dash. You don't need to lock because you are running a hacked BIOS.
Q2. No.

xboxhdm 2.2 is the one to go for.

thanks a million! smile.gif

So looks like I'm going to be able to prepare the harddrive just by connecting it to PC(xbox not involved in any way) and then turn on PC and loading from USB stick the Xboxhdm2.2 (USB Edition).

Then once I follow the guide and done with preparing the harddrive I put it back in xbox and it's all 100% done?

Q: Can I still have XBMC as main dashboard or will I have to accept unleash?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »

You can have any dashboard you like. Just get UnleashX working first - it's easier because it's a single file.

while

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

IPB Image