xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Problems Installing Xbmc Using Xbmc Installer Deluxe  (Read 234 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Having Problems Installing Xbmc Using Xbmc Installer Deluxe
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:00 AM »

NDURE isn't a dashboard. Your dashboard was UnleashX, your softmod is (or was) Kingroach NDURE 3.1.

XBMCID is like AID - it makes assumptions about the Xbox it is working on that aren't always true. In this case I suspect it is the incorrect assumption that there is no shadow C, which for a Kingroach NDURE 3.1 softmod is not true - there is a shadow C.

You have two options:

1. Disable shadow C by running NDTS, then running the XBMCID default.xbe manually i.e. from the file manager. I cannot guarantee that even this will work, but it might.
2. Use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower) instead of XBMCID. It understands how protected softmods work, and will sort you out. Option 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 to get your softmod back to a known state, option 4.1 to install XBMC to the E partition. Update XBMC to the latest version (use FTP to delete the contents of E:\Apps\XBMC\ and replace them with the latest XBMC), reboot without HeXEn, and make sure that you can run XBMC as an application from the UnleashX menu. Once XBMC is running as an application, use the dash switching option in the UnleashX menu to switch to XBMC on E as your dash. Alternatively you can use HeXen to do the same thing - it's option 5.1.3.3.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Having Problems Installing Xbmc Using Xbmc Installer Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted. smile.gif