xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Making Xbmc Default Dash From Unleashx  (Read 231 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Making Xbmc Default Dash From Unleashx
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »

It's the same as it is for all mods. Put XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC\, edit the Team XBMC shortcut to point to E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe, and put the shortcut .xbe and .cfg in place of the current dash.

Now, with SID that could be one of two places, depending on which of the many options you selected when you installed it. It will be either C:\evoxdash.xbe or E:\evoxdash.xbe. Hopefully you'll have picked the right options, and installed virtual eeprom and shadow C to give you a protected softmod, in which case your dash will be at E:\evoxdash.xbe. If it isn't then you might want to fix that first......

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(mad_pig @ Mar 16 2012, 10:45 PM) View Post
I can't figure out how to have a protected softmod, I have tried many different ways with sid but can't figure it out

You pick the option that gives you virtual eeprom and shadow c ......

QUOTE(mad_pig @ Mar 16 2012, 10:45 PM) View Post
I also don't know how to do the .cfg shortcut

Have you actually looked at it?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »

which .xbe have you found? How do you know it's the team XBMC shortcut? How do you know it's even on your Xbox in the first place?

mad_pig

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Mar 19 2012, 05:14 PM) View Post

I think there are two matters here with regard to the Shadow C matter:

1). mad pig needs to read the SID Online Manual (easily found) and Chapter 9 in particular.

2). As he's used the most up to date SID he should have a Boot Softmod Menu option from the main menu: System > Boot Softmod Menu. That should allow him to redo the install this time selecting a protected Shadow C option.

I've never done this myself but I don't think you get a XBMC as main dash option because gamesave install/exploit SID doesn't include XBMC.  

As Heimdall suggests I suspect mad pig doesn't even have the Team XBMC shortcut on his Xbox.

One simple solution to both problems which I think should work is rather than use SID to install a Shadow C instead download AID, burn to DVD-R and use that to install one of the Shadow C boot options and XBMC as the main dash as well.

Hmm so Auto Installer Deluxe will work the same way SID does? That looks like it will solve all my problems!

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »

SID is essentially just the installer component of AID. AID is the full comprehensive package under one umbrella including everything from dashboards to emulators.

You have to have used SID or another softmod/hardmod first before you can use AID. As it is normally booted from disc (DVD-R), obviously, if the Xbox wasn't already modded it wouldn't work.

This sounds to me like the point you're at - a SIDed Xbox but looking to change to a protected Shadow C and XBMC main dash. It is not the only way of doing this but AID should be able to do that, it is one of the many things it was created to do.

BTW I've never tried the AID XBMC main dash install myself, I prefer UnleashX and XBMC as an app. If you decide to go this route I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Since I've found a XBMC skin I like I've been thinking of changing one of my Xboxes to a XBMC main dash too.