xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Download  (Read 205 times)

handy1

• Archived User
Xbox Download
« on: February 03, 2020, 03:52:00 AM »

Hi members, have been playing around with the old XBOX and remembered how much I loved XBMC.
Saw there was a nice Iphone app for it and watched a few youtube videos and got excited.

I couldnt connect the iphone to it and thought perhaps could be to do with the version, since it has been sitting in the cupboard for the last 5 years.

Can someone provide a URL link to which version of XBMC i can run on the modded XBOX.

I went to the site http://xbmc.org/download/ and seen there was a few OS to choose, I would assume linux but is this as simple as getting the zipped file, Unzipping it.

Logging in via FTP to the XBOX and uploading it over the exisitng files or renaming that folder and putting in a new one?

Many thanks in advance.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xbox Download
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:14:00 AM »

there is a specific xbox release.
search for xbmc4xbox
I know it sounds a bit redundant to have to search for xbox media center for xbox, but they stoped the support so you have to find the newer group.

also the xbox dosent have any sort of remote input as default, so i dont know you may need a dongle or has to be set to be controlled via upnp or network excetera and the controlling then works via a pc.
honestly i dont know as i never used it. i simply hate apple so i wont buy theiere stupid i-crap