xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scrambled Video Signal Out Of Nowhere  (Read 123 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Scrambled Video Signal Out Of Nowhere
« on: September 03, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »

No great hopes this will help but it is all I can think of at present:-

Any chance you changed the regional settings whilst you "effed about"?

My immediate thought was that you have XBMC resolution settings set on Auto rather than NTSC. Perhaps as a result of the Component connection it is trying to use a prog. scan output your TV doesn't support. Alternatively but similarly I was wondering if it is 'remembering' the settings you used for your new HD TV.

Either way ensure Auto select resolution is is turned off in XBMC by using that new HD TV to reset XBMC to NTSC. BTW restart rather than just reboot the Xbox before connecting it back up to the old TV.

If as you say you can get the original (MS dash?) displaying correctly try unchecking all the prog.scan options there too, restarting and see what happens with XBMC.

milolinux

• Archived User
Scrambled Video Signal Out Of Nowhere
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

Problem solved!  Many thanks to fallenangel.

When I hooked it back up to the HDTV I realized what was scrambled on the SDTV was actually just a frozen black screen.  Used Frosty's, FTP'd in, edited the x2 config, and redirected the dash to unleashx on the F drive.  It workeded, so it wasn't an HDD or video issue.

Forgot to mention that I wiped and reinstalled XBMC when I switched back to my SDTV the first time.  Turns out the build I used (30961) wasn't working too well.  Reinstalled the latest stable version (3.0.1) and it works like a charm.

It's been years since I've had an issue so I assumed (wrong) that it was big.