xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking For Easiest Way To Get Navi-x To Start  (Read 97 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Looking For Easiest Way To Get Navi-x To Start
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

I have no knowledge of getting programs to automatically start when the Xbox boots up into XBMC. If you could give me an easy to follow step by step procedure, I would greatly appreciate it.

All of my attempts so far haven't worked.

The primary reason to get this working automatically is to make it easy for my wife to load up Shoutcast through Navi-x.

For some reason, I can't get Shoutcast to work with my music shortcut anymore, but it will work with Navi-X. If you can help me out with that also, it would be great.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »

Have you tried autoexec.py? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=530649

The xbcm4xbox forum may see more replies. Dan Dar3 definitely knows his way around Python.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »

I had read that thread, but was totally confused on it. I had an autoexec.py file and when I opened it, it was gibberish.

Then a light clicked on. I needed to make my own autoexec.py file. I did that and sent it to the Xbox. Rebooted and Navi-X started.

Thank you for pointing me to it for a second look.

Still don't know why I can get shoutcast through Navi-X and not through the XBMC shortcut.

I guess I could search through all the Navi-X files to find where it is pointing to shoutcast.