xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "loading Program Information"  (Read 61 times)

jcaspar1

• Archived User
"loading Program Information"
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

When I click on Programs in XBMC there is a brief window that appears that says "Scanning media info
Loading program information". It then lists two of my game backups. Is there something I can change in these game folders that will eliminate this delay? While it is only momentary, it is getting annoying. Happens with the same games each time I enter Programs.
Thanks

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:43:00 AM »

This should only happen once for each new game. Goto XBMC's UserData folder, and delete the Programs database.

jcaspar1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice. I deleted the Programs userdata and it still seems to reload the data for two games, XMen Final and Urban Chaos, every time I enter Programs.

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:21:00 AM »

hate to dig this old one up but i have the same issue on 2 of my xbox's. several others dont have this problem but EVERY time I open the games or emulators or homebrew folder it says "loading program information" and takes forever! goes through all the games/emu's names! must be a setting somewhere im missing.

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »

Fix it

i tried deleting all my cache folders and U and TData folders. this didn't help. next i tried to delete my entire UserData folder but one file would not delete, be renamed, be moved or transferred. that file was: MyPrograms6.db

E/Apps/XBMC/UserData/Database/MyPrograms6.db

some how this file had become corrupt.

all i had to do is simply switch to a different dash temporarily (such as unleashx or evox) and then ftp in and delete this file. done.