xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "playlist Playback Aborted" Problem  (Read 79 times)

competes2win

• Archived User
"playlist Playback Aborted" Problem
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

this message could come up if you moved or deleted songs that were previously part of a playlist... If i were you I would just re-make the playlist and delete the current one.

neal73

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »

Thanks for the tips but neither of those really apply - it happens when using party mode, and library re-scanned to ensure it's not picking up any old files (not that I ever delete any) and it reads off a NAS drive, not a windows based PC.

simons_orw

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

I have a similar problem frequently with [Music] Party Mode. After playing one or more (normally less than 5) songs then I get the dialog "Party Mode mode [sic] aborted.  Could not get songs from database".
Then XBMC plays the rest of the stored playlist (now 9 songs) and finishes.  This is frustrating, since I use party mode a lot, and this effectively means Party Mode doesn't work for me.

My Xbox is connected to my router via wireless, and my media is all hosted on a Windows XP PC (wired connection), accessed via SMB.  The performance of this setup seems fine, and I never have problems streaming music or video files from the PC.  However, the Party Mode seems to have this issue.
I've tried Updating Library, Clean Library, and deleting the XBMC music database files and rescanning all the media.  None of these fixes the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

neal73

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »

I completely re-installed XBMC in the end - solved the problem!