xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81

Author Topic: Wide Icons Officially Supported!  (Read 15838 times)

edjinfor

• Archived User
Wide Icons Officially Supported!
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(jrl2222 @ Mar 10 2012, 04:01 AM) View Post

Hope this is  what you were looking for.
IPB Image

Irmão do forum, eu perdi todas as minhas imagens e os psds, tem possibilidade de postar um pacote já que nem um link funcionam mais....
...................................................................................................................
Brother of the forum, I lost all my pictures and psds, has ability to post a package or as a link work anymore ....

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »

Thanks to Jezz_X, JM, and everyones support. We no longer need to edit any xml's for Wide Icons... The following has been added to the 01/01/07 build :
Wide Icons View : We now have 2 extra views Wide & Big Wide
Folder Remembering : XBMC Will now remember what view you have for each folder. (Keep your TV Shows in Wide, and your Movies in Icon)
Icon Cache : Icon Cache default is now set to 192.
IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
Xbox Games : FINISHED! (Download Here, includes over 800+ Wide Icons for Xbox Games)
TV Shows : 200+ Incoming (ETA Beginning of January)
Applications : Incomplete (If you'd like to work on it, go ahead smile.gif)
Homebrew : Incomplete (If you'd like to work on it, go ahead  biggrin.gif)
Emulators : Incomplete (If you'd like to work on it, go ahead  laugh.gif)

How do I implement 'Wide Icons'?
If its a TV SHOW, then once you have the WideIcon.png, rename it to folder.jpg
F:\Videos\TV Shows\FamilyGuy\S01E01.avi
F:\Videos\TV Shows\FamilyGuy\S01E02.avi
F:\Videos\TV Shows\FamilyGuy\folder.jpg

If its a GAME, then once you have the WideIcon.png, rename it to default.tbn
F:\Games\Halo\titleimage.xbx
F:\Games\Halo\dashupdate.xbe
F:\Games\Halo\default.xbe
F:\Games\Halo\default.tbn

Note: After you move all your Wide Icons to your Xbox, clear your cache (Remove thumbnails cachefolder located at \UserData\Thumbnails\My Programs\ or \UserData\Thumbnails\My Videos\ and restart XBMC.[/u]

What are the guidelines for requesting?
*If you would like to request a Wide Icon, then just post it... Even if the Wide Icon has been done & you prefer another one, nobody will be offended, we're all here to help out
*If you are filling requests for a Wide Icon, make sure you show the image in your post, so we can see what it looks like and simply right click to save it
*I personally will collect what needs to be done weekly, so check my replies for lists of what people need and/or what has been fulfilled
*When creating Wide Icons, do not apply any effects to the Wide Icon (Like gloss, scan lines, etc). This is the SKINS job. The mistake with the last wide icons is these icons looked beautiful in PM3 (scan lines, the round edges, darkness, etc) but didn't look as good in other skins... Now in these new wide icons, as you can see, PM3 uses a simple transparent square, MC360 could possibly use a white border, other skins might apply different effects. I'm in the process of creating a skin with my wide icons in mind of course, and I have my own neat effects I've applied to the Wide Icons.

FAQ:
How do I remove the folder/game title under the Wide Icon? Check the thread for more information on this, I do not have it at this time :/
Will Wide Icons work for XBMS and SMB? Yes.
I can't find a Xbox Game in your Wide Icon pack? Please keep in mind if you can't find the game, try looking for it under a different name, because I named them exactly how the game cover is named... for example
If your looking for Splinter Cell, it would be under Tom Clancys Splinter Cell
If your looking for Deer Hunter 2005, It would be under Cabela's Deer Hunter 2005
So if you dont' find it, please look again under different names it might be under

Well thats it! I suggest bookmarking this page so you can go back for requests http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=574494

emp3r0r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

I've posted some guidelines for creating the wide icons.  As mentioned above, it is best not to apply any style to the icon and to let either the skin or website do this for you.

Feel free to submit your wide icons to the MediaIcons.org website.  This way they can be easily searched or browsed.  We are also hard at work on an API that will allow XBMC to automatically download the icons.

This post has been edited by emp3r0r: Dec 28 2006, 08:13 PM

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

Is there a patch for mc360 out for the wide icons?

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »

Anyone?

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

Jezz_X? Sure would be nice to know if this is working in mc360 yet or if it will be in the 1.0 release.

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

It wouldn't work in the current version of MC360 cause that beta was released before the support for the extra view types was added, nor is using the 2.1 skinning engine yet.

This post has been edited by CHI3f: Dec 31 2006, 05:23 PM

timo1023

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Dec 28 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Downloads! Requests? This week, I will be posting every single Wide Icon for Xbox Games & TV Shows. So check back here for the download

When you release them, please make a torrent of all of them because the site in your profile is really hard to browse.

Thanks.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nubbs @ Jan 1 2007, 03:07 AM) *

Jezz_X? Sure would be nice to know if this is working in mc360 yet or if it will be in the 1.0 release.

Yes my current version 1.0 of mc360 that I have made has wide icons in it though only the big ones not the little ones due to the less width mc360 has for the file lists

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this into the XBMC 12-25 release.  I love the way these icons look. Anyone interested in trying to make their own (& share with the community), I wrote a tutorial with the help of many ppl on this site. Use it if you want.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...875&st=855# (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Post #865 half way down the page.

This post has been edited by lawdawg0931: Dec 31 2006, 11:27 PM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

sorry if this is obvious or already stated .. is their a way to get rid of the words underneath the icons ? .. awsome job on these icons!!

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »

WIDE ICONS for XBOX GAMES is done!
Link can be found here http://putstuff.putf...m/32537/3607142
It includes EVERY single Wide Icon for Xbox Games (813~)...

Please keep in mind if you can't find the game, try looking for it under a different name, because I named them exactly how they are named... for example
If your looking for Splinter Cell, it would be under Tom Clancys Splinter Cell
If your looking for Deer Hunter 2005, It would be under Cabela's Deer Hunter 2005
So if you dont' find it, please look again under different names it might be under

I attempted to put it via torrent, but I had some problems, and I don't really have the time right now... so when I get some time tomorrow I will upload it via torrent, and post the torrent link here (as timo1023 wanted)

As far as TV Shows, I will be working on those this week and should be done this week... Enjoy everyone

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

Thank you! Would anyone wanna release a small patch for MC360 yet? ..... Jezz_X??? lol j/p

EDIT: Link doesnt work.

This post has been edited by Nubbs: Jan 2 2007, 02:14 AM

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

Link works Nubbs, have had 2 ppl already download them biggrin.gif

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »

It was weird lol the first time i tried it, it didnt work and then it did lol sorry.

Do you happen to know which files in the.99 build of mc360 i need to edit to make these sweet ass icons work?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81