xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ifo File Play For Dvd With Menus  (Read 202 times)

Morien

• Archived User
Ifo File Play For Dvd With Menus
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

I'm not understanding this.
I know that the libs, etc would need porting, however why is DVD playback taking so long? (Don't read into this that I'm being ungratefull, I'm just seeking further knowledge.)
It's been said that as soon as Mplayer has something, XBMC will likley have it too, however hasn't Mplayer supported DVD playback for a while?
It doesn't go into it much, but on the MplayerHQ site (here to be specific) it mentions DVD playback support. It doesn't say it's limited or anything, is it?

Morien

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

wink.gif

It is not the playback that is the issue...

It is the MENU system that dont work.

Insert a dvd and it works (mplayer) but you can not get past the menus.

Thats the problem and not related to mplayer.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

Great news that the new build of XBMC is out. When dvd is played using the ms dash, the playback is very smooth, however when vob is player without softness enabled, its very choppy.

Are there any updates on the IFO Playback capabilities from any dev's of xbmc? I know its in the feature list of XBMC though.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

sad.gif

A good progress to the XBMC team. Would really prefer the menu support with screen scaling / smoothness.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

As a request to the devs! has any further progress been made to play the menus of the dvd too?

dssdhwood

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

Bump

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

Is this feature being worked on? I mean itÂ’s been a while since all of us are requesting this feature. We know that XBMP / XBMC can play the VOB's however, there are some vobs which will only successfully play when played through the IFO file with native menus. Every time there is an update, I look for this feature's implementation.

I'm just trying to know if this is one of the features being worked on. Would really appreciate if the devs could give this feature a little thought.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

Is there a way to map a folder to a drive in which dvdX would play like a usual DVD. Thats after DVD2XBOX's extraction! I'm sure it might be possible !

Any views out there by the dev's.

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »

i was actually thinking about this... i might try to hex edit dvdx and find where they say d: (or partition w/e) and change that to f:video or something.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

I tried to hex edit the file and could not find a proper location which I could edit out to a directory. It would have been better if this was an open source project.

any luck with hex edit anyone?

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »

Isin't any one else interested in this feature?

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

I think there are many people interested in this feature. However I also think that there are alot more basic issues that should be considered first. Wouldn't it be nice to have an actuall fast forward and rewind option before you play .vob's thru an .ifo. I'm sure the dev's have seen posts on this and when everything is smooth with the basics they can start implementing more "plush" features. Patience is a virtue.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2003, 07:10:00 PM »

With VOB's you can Fast Forward and Rewind correctly. ok its not that smooth but its still possible. What I meant was that the devs don't have it in the list of things they are working on. Either way its xbmc/p are great apps. We all have been very patient and hope that some day this will get implemented.

We all were waiting for this in xbmp, and then the devs went for a whole new aspect of development with xbmc and this feature didn't get looked into too. sad.gif

just my last wish..
Pages: 1 [2]