xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows 2000  (Read 941 times)

lloydmedley

• Archived User
Windows 2000
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »

So, theres only one thread in this sectin of the forum with a lot of replies but no actual info on it.. I take it no one here is running windows on their box? Apparently its been done using a virtual PC from within windows? ANyone care to shed some light on this?

P.S. Sorry if its a n00bish question but google brought me back here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Er I think thi scan be deleted. Wheen I go to the forum there is only one thread, however when I go to the lowfi version (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/f68.html) there are many threads...???

Am reading about getting win98 on my xbox now

This post has been edited by lloydmedley: Apr 2 2009, 02:23 PM

torne

• Archived User
Windows 2000
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:31:00 AM »

If you look in the bottom right corner of the forum you will see a dropdown that says "From: 90 days" - change this to a bigger number and the missing posts will reappear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes, you can run older versions of windows under an emulator on xbox linux - there are various instructions around in the old posts on this forum (it's a shame nobody ever wrote up a nice guide and got it stickied, but hey). Running more recent versions of windows is not any different, it's just slower, as the xbox's limited RAM and CPU, combined with the overhead of emulation, aren't really up to it.

Burhan82

• Archived User
Windows 2000
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »

you can run win98 on your xbox with xdsl and qemu. but its very slow cause it will emulated. it runs about a speed of p1.

better you use wine on xdsl. tha is much faster!!!