xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: February 15, 2024, 07:00:19 PM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by oz_paulb
nice work recovering the forums!

looking at old posts makes me feel extra old :)

- Paulb

EDIT: looks like you may have a SPAM issue on the new forum, though.  I see a TON of posts (on pretty much every forum) from “ Montanazdg”

on: February 13, 2024, 05:52:40 AM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by VastGsm
I'm back finally after recovering my account. Thank you to whoever thought of the legacy account recovery. Honestly, that was a GodSend cheers 🫡

on: January 02, 2024, 08:55:43 PM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by hamwbone
It is like visiting an old friend.

Hello old friend!

on: October 19, 2023, 10:09:30 PM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by StrictPuppet
It is like visiting an old friend.

on: May 23, 2023, 07:47:44 PM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by namek0
good to be back! feels like a lifetime ago yet my og xbox is still going strong thankfully! So cool to see the old gang again

on: April 27, 2023, 05:23:03 AM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by wmxp
Hell yes! Just found out about this recovery project via https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:Scene_History and I joined their discord in efforts to aid the timeline. Amazed to see you still kicking Iriez!  :b_love1:

on: March 21, 2023, 02:55:24 PM 
Started by gilles9999 - Last post by ruta69
Arrrrhhhggg 11 yeas too late  :sauer2:

on: October 29, 2022, 03:57:55 PM 
Started by Iriez - Last post by HoRnEyDvL
You can also join the discord

Https://discord.gg/VcdSfajQGK

on: October 01, 2022, 07:04:02 PM 
Started by benyamin39 - Last post by benyamin39
Hi,

I got an xbox original recently. I tested it and got the error 11. I inspected the Drive to see if I could fix it. It seems that the most common solution is to replace it, which is pretty difficult to do nowadays. So I am trying my luck here if there is a slight chance to repair it.

The cable is working (I swapped the harddisk and DVD, same error 11, I believe I would have had an error 7 otherwise).
  The power cable seems to work:
     the disc motor is spinning (although it is very loud)
     the tray does not open but I tested the motor and it is working and open the tray when powered. I cleaned the mechanism.
     the laser is not sliding but I tested the motor and it is working also.
     Not sure how to test the laser, but when I power off the xbox the laser head move slightly, which suggests that it is powered as well.

I would think that the mechanical part of this device is ok. If the laser is dead will it return an error 11?

Is there any possible way I can fix it?

Thx

on: October 01, 2022, 06:53:15 PM 
Started by benyamin39 - Last post by benyamin39
Hi,

I just got this original Xbox (and I had one 20 years ago, so nostalgia is there). It is a v1.0/v1.1 (NTSC). It is not modded and also the DVD (Philips VAD6011) is not working (error 11, I will send a separate post on this one to ask if I can repair this drive).

What is the best a way to hardmod (modchip or TSOP flashing) so to revive this console and play from the harddisk (original or a new one). I read quite a few forums already and pretty much all the time the console has to be either softmodded already so to benefit from a custom dashboard functionalities or the dvd drive has to be working so to used a Hexen or other DVDs. I have none of those.

I am pretty handing with a solder (Aladdin XT Plus2 modchips seems easy to get) and overall IT stuff.

Thx

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10