xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Ressurectionxtra Teaser Pre-release  (Read 2269 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Ressurectionxtra Teaser Pre-release
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

Hey everyone,

I mentioned the other day in my own thread that I would release the Xtras for a system of your choice (artwork/videos).  I think I spoke out of turn when I said that much.  I still want to release something, but I don't want to put undue pressure on Madmab for an emu release, which is what would be required for a full video release.  Also, I thought it was kinda silly to release a full video pack only to do it again in a few months when it will probably be altered a bit and you'd have to re-download it.  (At which time, Madmab may still not be ready to release full emus, but that is the date I've set for my own project).

So......

Here's the rules.

1) I will release any artwork pack that the community wants.

2) Packs include, but are not limited to, Super Nintendo, Genesis/Sega CD/32x, Sega Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000, Gameboy/Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Color.

3) Voting will go until Friday the 15th.

4) Given allowance for outside obligations, the pack will be released by the 20th.  If it is not released on the 15th, people will be allowed to vote until I get around to wrapping it up and uploading it to the community.  The moment I'm uploading it is when the vote officially ends.

5) At the time of release, I will inform the community on the status of the pack and if there are any future plans for upgrading it.  

The Xtras artwork packs are unlike any you have ever seen before.  I have painstakingly scoured the internet for the best images I could find for every game and, when necessary, touched them up.... removing any watermarks and box damage I could find.  I have also had help from others in the community collecting the best artwork out there.  Thanks go out to all who have helped, like Mega_Man_(?), Stupot1(73), Sotu, FrankMorriss, Excalubur and others.

But that's not all....

Any games that either never had a boxart (prototypes, homebrew, etc.) now have generic boxart created by Gilles that fills in all the artwork gaps.  These are beautifully crafted boxes that are made to look like the official style of the games for the specific systems and will make sure that when you have prototypes and homebrew and unlicensed games in your set that there is box representation for them whether in the emu or using CUT files.

I do hope we get a lot of new posters in here and maybe bring back a few old ones that haven't posted for a while.  I want this place to at least be as active as it was when I first came here.

So..... let me know....   cool.gif

~Rx

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:48:00 AM »

I vote Super Nintendo!

waal

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »

I vote SNES, too.

gilles9999

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »

i vote SEGA GENESIS  bdaybiggrin.gif  and all it's wonderfull games: sonic series, street of rage, shining force II, shinobi, castle of illusions, quackshot, story of thor, thunderforce III and IV etc...

Koooi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »

Yeah, i vote the Super Nintendo!

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

snes smile.gif

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »

Another vote for Super Nintendo, mainly for the box art.

This post has been edited by bigby: Jan 10 2010, 01:22 PM

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

*Walks in room with fake mustache and top hat on

"Why I toooooo vote for Super Nintendo"

jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

Sega Megadrive/Genesis. For all the reasons Gilees9999 mentioned but also its the first console i bought with my own money.

moonmaster1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

Sega Genesis, because one day while I was playing snes my dad decided to brag about how he gets to play genesis in the navy and how it has more games.

Because of this, I've been playing genesis for 11 years now. No amount of therapy would reverse my condition.

sbpaabck

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »

Sega Genesis please because I didnt own one should be interesting...

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

Genesis  tongue.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »

5 for SNES / 5 for Genesis

This should be interesting.....  cool.gif

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

If it's just one pack...
I say: SNES artwork. smile.gif

Remember guys, the SNES video pack had about 80 videos that we considered bad and I re-edited them for purposes like, 10 seconds of black screen, or simply no action. So, you should be seeingsome great improvements in the overall presentation of the video packs as well. smile.gif

Rx,
You should have just made a poll. biggrin.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »

Damn... didn't even know you could do a poll..... It's cool.  I'll figure it out.

I'm only uploading an artwork pack for now.  I'm going to say we have until around March 1st for all videos to be complete.  That's when I'd like to release all of this.

EDIT:  I'd like to release everything March 15th.  I'd like to have everything my way by March 1st so I can make that happen.

This post has been edited by ressurectionx: Jan 11 2010, 12:01 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6