xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Mameox128 - Working Romset Project  (Read 2474 times)

Chron Johnson

• Archived User
Mameox128 - Working Romset Project
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2008, 01:45:00 AM »

I should have known this petty androgyne was the fool you were talking about in the NES pallette thread.  Fuck your code BritneysPAIRS.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
« Reply #346 on: June 16, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chron Johnson @ Jun 16 2008, 04:21 AM) View Post

I should have known this petty androgyne was the fool you were talking about in the NES pallette thread.  Fuck your code BritneysPAIRS.

just out of curiosity, who are you talking about chron? i am the one i beleive who started the nes color palette thread before the mednafenx update.    blink.gif

XT-

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

"Quote"

Hey run088,

"CoinOPS+ has the SMB fixed..... It did work on HK$ if setup correctly and on mameox 0.72"

I believe he's saying that if you do a Google search for his MAME emulator CoinOPS that it won't have the problems that you're experiancing. Make sure you get CoinOPS Second Quarter.... or jus wait a little while because I think he's coming out with the third revision sometime in the near future, which apparently has everything that I've been working on for months that he was able to do in less than 5 mintues.

Also, you could use MAMEox 0.72 which is generally a big downgrade and HK$ is another build that is admittedly much harder to find but isn't up to par with CoinOPS either.     "End Quote"

You said the samba is fixed in coinops but whenever I turn the network connection on in the ini it will boot to a black screen.This seems to be a pretty new build the nfo with it said 4-3-08.

CoinOPS_Mamedox_Final-iND

RLS Date ......: 4/03/2008            Game Genre .: Mamedox Emu
         Platform ......: XBOX                 Origin .....: Region Free
         Supplier ......: iND                  Files ......: 95 x 50MB
         Packager ......: iND                  File Name ..: coinOPS.rar

It does seem pretty sweet but the network problems are disturbing.

underworlderZer0

• Archived User
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2008, 02:53:00 AM »

CoinOPS+ is the latest version. If you want the newest version to come out faster, help out BP with testing games and filling in his spreadsheet. Google "CoinOPS Refined" for details.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »

I can help some but have a couple projects I am starting myself.I do have 5 debug kits on my network as well as it ties into my pc if that would be of some use.
I am currently researching creating a beowulf cluster with 16 xboxes I have sitting around and then somehow hook in my other 5 as head nodes because they will go on and off the network.And my Pc as the master.
As well as find someway to launch an xbox game over the network.
I got a couple hardware mods on my mine to upgrading things Ive never seen upgraded.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »

I cant find it so it does me no good.No one can tell me where to find it so I am stuck.No coinops 2 or 3

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Jul 30 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post

Its written many times what needs doing and many have said they would do it but havent.... so for now my build stays on my xbox that play around with alot smile.gif lots of games didnt work right and I fixed them as well as adding some games that didnt work. But as said ive put my hours in and people need to put there money where there mouth is or I will just continue on other projects

Exactly right BP.  You do a lot of work and it's only fair that you get some help getting it finished.  Keeping that single copy of your newest build in Limbo on your box is exactly what you should be doing.  That's what I did with the SNES video previews and Horscht and Sotu stepped up to the plate and now we basically have a 100% complete collection of SNES videos to go with my 100% complete artwork previews that I'll be releasing soon.  It only took about 2 weeks to complete when we worked together.  

I don't fault you at all for that decision.... I'll be back to help out on MAME.  I'm just burned out on it right now is all.  I hope you're still around when I get back to tackling it.

Did you ever figure out how to get the games to switch from the first player control to the second?  

~Rx

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

Found it but the results are the same coinops+ boots to a black screen whenever I change the lock to 0 if I dont change lock the network is ignored.
So what gives?
I changed the rom path and I put the info in for network settings.
What am I missing if it is fixed?
How must it be configured?

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »

Got it! I didnt have it setup like my old one.It wants a crazy way to ask for it but it works my setup wants it like this

smb://:192.168.0.2/mame

the ip being my nameserver and mame being the share.

Thanks

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »

No worries... is the new video preview stuff open source emus? if so ill insert the code
Also commandline stuff is in it just needs the syntax to run it like the smb syntax
RX Havent tested first players stuff, the code is pretty simple on that stuff just needs to look into exactly what it effects (maybe it will kill some games) for at least CPS1 2 games I should add it, will be a small job. If Nes6502 wants to help code I can work with him on adding some new features for sure hes seems to be good and be motivated.

PS 720p is painfull with very little reward... it really effects the VMM code and would need another VMM to get alot of games to run, also some wont under 720P but ive added the option

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #355 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:00 AM »

The videos being provided are WMV files.  They need to be converted using a batch program NES provided to switch them to .XMV files to run.  It uses something from M$ that is keeping us from being able to post the finished product.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2008, 04:38:00 AM »

I haven't looked at MAME vids yet, but I'd be more than happy to supply the MAME previews as well when you get to that point.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #357 on: August 02, 2008, 03:06:00 AM »

Hear that NES?   cool.gif

Mind spreading the love to the MAME emu in your free time?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]