xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2.6 Programming Question  (Read 610 times)

brandon___a

• Archived User
X2.6 Programming Question
« on: January 21, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

I have a x2.6 lite and I am trying to program this chip. I have the programmer plugged into the printer port of my pc plus i have the usb cord plugged in. The lights on the programmer are on, and I have several 1mb bios files. How do I flash this chip? What program do I need? I've checked the usual places and I cannot find any tutorial that works for me.

brandon___a

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »

I have found instructions, but none work. When I use x2cable.exe it says synch=f for about 10 minutes then says done, then says error synch=f for verifying flash. I have the chip plugged into the printer port and the usb port of my labtop. There were 2 red wires that seem to plug into 2 prongs on the programmer but dont fit anywhere else. I am lost. Please help. thanks in advance!

Brandon

KeyMastur

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

try iXia or xecuter bios manager 2.3 - both can be found on xbox-scene file page

brandon___a

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

I have tried both, neither detect the chip. There is a yellow light and an orange light always lit up on the programmer, and the blue light blinks when the flashing application is open. I have read seveal threads about this even from different forums but have still found no resolve....maybe a different computer??

This post has been edited by brandon___a: Jan 22 2005, 07:32 AM

FallsInc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

have you tried using flash bios?

what does the xbox do when you turn it on?

brandon___a

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(FallsInc @ Jan 22 2005, 11:29 AM)
have you tried using flash bios?

what does the xbox do when you turn it on?

I used flashbios when I first put this chip in my xbox. It worked fine, I flashed the xbox with x2.4983 bios. When I played games I thought that the screen looked unproportional compared to the last chip/bios I had in the xbox.  I had some bioses on the HD and chose to flash bios in evox. It acted like it flashed fine, then said it would turn my xbox off and it turned off. When I tried to turn it back on it turns on and off 3 times then flashed red. I am guessing that When it flashed the bios on the chip that it was a 256k bios instead of the 1mb. That is why I bought a flasher and am trying to reflash the chip

brandon___a

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

ok, i figured it out. I didnt have the 3 switch plugged into the x2.6. Now it flashed fine using x2bm.

KeyMastur

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandon___a @ Jan 22 2005, 02:50 PM)
ok, i figured it out. I didnt have the 3 switch plugged into the x2.6. Now it flashed fine using x2bm.

was just about to mention that. you have to have the chip connected to the switch in order for it to "turn on"