xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Configmagic Or Flashbios Equivalent For Xbox-linux ?  (Read 354 times)

buddhabelly

• Archived User
Configmagic Or Flashbios Equivalent For Xbox-linux ?
« on: February 03, 2020, 04:38:00 AM »

Firstly, apologies for stupid questions - I am new to all this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As per the title, is there an xbox-linux utility that will allow me to read the eeprom, or view/generate the hdd password? Alternatively, is there a flashbios utility for xbox-linux?

FYI here's how/what I messed up ...

1) I have 1.0 xbox with non working DVD drive (though am getting a replacement soon).
2) Installed a DuoX2 modchip - the white one with Cromwell 2.32 on bank0 and Flashbios 3.0.3 on bank1.
3) For an unknown reason I unlocked the hdd with Flashbios 3.0.3, and transferred the Cromwell 2.4 bin to the hdd's C:\bios
4) I then tried to install this with the "Install Bios option from C:\bios" in Flashbios 3.0.3
5) That didn't work (I think I was sold a clone modchip!)- bios flash hung half-way through. And I have messed-up the Flashbios 3.0.3 on bank1, so cannot re-lock the hdd. And now I get the dreaded 'Error 05' code.
6) I have no working DVD so can't install Slayer's etc to lock the hdd
7) However I have fitted a (normal PC) DVD drive and can boot a live Xebian CD - via the option in Cromwell 2.32

Problem is Cromwell won't run xbe's (AFAIK)

Hope that made sense.
Any help or pointers much appreciated, Thanks

This post has been edited by buddhabelly: Yesterday, 12:41 PM

joesnose

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:35:00 AM »

well i think an xbox drive is your best hope, you probably could lock the drive without one, but theres probably alot of work involved. is your drive totally fried or just won't read discs? there is tutorials to fix drive reading errors.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »

a "locked" hdd is only required for a softmod,flashbios utility for xbox-linux located here... but its run from an xbe http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php?nam...load&cid=10

if the HDD is unlocked, take it out, and go get XBHDM  http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene...boxhdm_v1.9.zip     read the instructions.

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »

Cromwell will boot eurasia for reflashing.
I've had success with restoox.

You don't need to lock the hard drive.