xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Play On Xbl`  (Read 914 times)

mn_smurf

• Archived User
Trying To Play On Xbl`
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

OK heres my situation ive got the xbit installed and running perfectly for about 2 years, but now i want to be able to play on live with that xbox. I know that XBL scans to see what bios u have loaded so i would need the retail bios for my xbox version, correct? And another thing ive tried before was takign the chip out and i dont load up any bios so i get a frag. I just now backed up my bios/eeprom/ect. and i tried puting the bios.bin file from there on the chip and tried loading but i still go to EvoX. Is there anyway for this xbox to be able to go on XBL under these conditions? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

JKD

• Archived User
Trying To Play On Xbl`
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

All you have to do to get on live is put your chip into stealth mode.

stealth mode = dip 1 off, dip 2 off,dip 3 off,dip 4 ON.

Your xbox will then boot with the retail bios. (you will know its the retail bios because it will say MS underneath the green X upon boot up).

You say that when you take out your chip that the xbox frags mmmmmmm strange, your machine should still be booting a retail bios once you have taken out your chip unless you have flashed your tsop or unlocked your hdd ?

Hope this helps.

B)  :D  B)

This post has been edited by JKD: Apr 9 2005, 10:20 PM

mn_smurf

• Archived User
Trying To Play On Xbl`
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

nope cuz the stealth mode on the chips that are v5 i think doesnt work, and i dont think ive ever flashed the tsop, plus if i did then should it load some kind of bios? i mean its as if there are no bios on the mother board, like u cant run the xbox without a modchip, its so gay, AHHH!!!!