xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox With Dead Hd  (Read 212 times)

mudpark

• Archived User
Xbox With Dead Hd
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

I have an Xbox that has a dead hard drive. I do not have the EEPROM for the original hd. I have another Xbox that I modded and I have the original hard drive for it.

Is it possible to somehow restore my modded hd to an original state with Slayers Restore CD and then use my HD in the other broken Xbox to fix it and get the eeprom?

VanydotK

• Archived User
Xbox With Dead Hd
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(mudpark @ Oct 10 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post

I have an Xbox that has a dead hard drive. I do not have the EEPROM for the original hd. I have another Xbox that I modded and I have the original hard drive for it.

Is it possible to somehow restore my modded hd to an original state with Slayers Restore CD and then use my HD in the other broken Xbox to fix it and get the eeprom?

Without the eeprom for the xbox with the broken hard drive you'll have to get a modchip or make an eeprom reader in order to rebuild. You can't put the hard drive from your modded box to your broken hard drive unmodded box because it was locked to your hard drive that broke down.

If your modded xbox has a modchip I say take it out and put it in your xbox with the broken hard drive and recover the eeprom then you can put the chip back in the xbox it came out of it and rebuild a hard drive or even softmod with xboxhdm with your eeprom.

mudpark

• Archived User
Xbox With Dead Hd
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »

Is there no way to let say use the Slaqyers disk on my working HD to resotr it to an original MS state Then put that in the Broken Xbox and try to mod it.

I dont have a modchip because i did a softmod.

Is is possible maybe to completly eliminate the MS dash and boot only into Unleash X or something so maybe it would bypass the eeprom check?

VanydotK

• Archived User
Xbox With Dead Hd
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(mudpark @ Oct 11 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

Is there no way to let say use the Slaqyers disk on my working HD to resotr it to an original MS state Then put that in the Broken Xbox and try to mod it.

I dont have a modchip because i did a softmod.

Is is possible maybe to completly eliminate the MS dash and boot only into Unleash X or something so maybe it would bypass the eeprom check?

Nope... without the eeprom/modchip/eeprom reader, you're pretty much screwed. You can always sell the xbox on ebay for parts.